Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scissor Door Adventure (pics Added)
nah saw it at a car show down here a while back
[Image: DSC05113.jpg]

[Image: DSC05110.jpg]
ZX3TUNR,Jun 27 2005, 12:45 AM Wrote:I just cant see chrome ever on a focus  :huh:
[right][snapback]117744[/snapback][/right]
you should see andrews car then.......... all he needs is to get the whole body chromed.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
I think the doors will ruin the euro look.............what ever happend to the S/C you had? that would score more points in my book.
I sold the S/C and now skifreak69 is the new owner.

I decided to wait till the car is paid off before I take on boost this way I will have extra money to repair the stuff that goes wrong. Till that I been collecting turbo parts and saving for a welder.

Keeping the straigth euro look is sometimes boring and never gets noticed. Thought I would add a twist that well scream for attention

As for that red focus. DAM!! I give so much credit. There is a lot of work in there.
That red focus looks like the space ship from that movie Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
will they arrived. LOL I can tell allready this is going to be tough LOL. I think hooking up a turbo or s/c is 100 times easier lol

Any way my plan on action is this.

buying a s**t load of foam and masking tape. Taping around the whole edging of the door to avoid chipping or damaging any paint. Fenders are coming off.

Load brackets on and set them off. Put the fenders back on and adjust hinges so there is no binding against fenders. Might have to dremel some of my fender out to.

Now these are supposed to be a full bolt on kit but Im planning for the worse. I picked up some extra wire in case any wire needs to be extended. Once I get them working and have them set the way I want off they come. Hinges then go in for powder coating then they go back on.

[Image: 04-07-05_1349.jpg]

[Image: 04-07-05_1344.jpg]

[Image: 04-07-05_1345.jpg]

[Image: 04-07-05_1346.jpg]

[Image: 04-07-05_1347.jpg]

powder coating hinges doesn't work all too well. The powder restricts movement to much then it starts to flake off. We powder coated the hinges on my dads 72 chevelle.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
dmcisaac,Jun 27 2005, 08:26 PM Wrote:nah saw it at a car show down here a while back
[Image: DSC05113.jpg]

[Image: DSC05110.jpg]
[right][snapback]117963[/snapback][/right]

How can someone that made the interior so nice, make the outside so ugly???
8 hour slater and one door is done. Prolly do the driver side next weekend. The kit was fully bolt on how ever they dont tell you any of the extra steps like lengthing the power door lock wires, cutting and rolling the fenders. Spent about 4 hours fiddling with the fender. Still has some issues but we got them almost taken care of.

Lets just say this. Installing a turbo or SC and 10000000000000000 times easier then scissor doors.

I will post pics tonight of the one doors done.

Also any one who said big guys cant get in!!! You gotta be kidding. My buddy Mat who is a pretty big guy can get in and out with ease. Even with out the door out. The brackets are hardcore. Almost inch thick steel. I can set the door as high as I want or I can leave it down and make it look like I dont even have scissor doors.
[Image: 09-07-05_2337.jpg]
can't wait to see the final product.
'03 Focus SVT