Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im In To Deep Now, Also.....
So im seriusly having some problems. Just gets on my nerves and I wanted to AHHH. How ever some days shes super good and I love it.

I dunno I wanna pop the question but still cant think if I should do a VIS oem style carbon fiber hood or should I do my new racing seat and brackets. I been looking at the Ractive seats in all black. Trust me any one lookin at seats go check out the high end Ractive ones. There nice! I sat in a set and they felt better then the crazy $$$ MOMO's I sat in.

I know Im going to end up doing both but what one should I do first?
http://www.collegedowntime.com/media/fil...urcar1.wmv

nuff said :lol:
go for the CF hood...dont do seats unless your going all out.

TBH, if i saw your car, all done up nice like that, then saw ractive seats...i would laugh.

OEM CF hood would look super nice.
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
You cant tell there Ractive seats. They got no logos on them. Seriosly I been lookign at seats for a while now. Sparco and MOMO just seem way to over rated. And no way im spending $3200 on seats for Sparcos :S

I said the exact same to with this one guy here and his Ractive seats then I sat and them and it shut me right up.
if you go for a CF hood, i suggest going with a Gemini hood.
much better hood and slightly more money but totally worth it! :D
Go CF hood.

Gord (SL8RZZX3) got his on and now he's seriously making me want one myself. Damn you Gord! :angry: :P
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Ya I saw SL8RZZX3 hood in the shop. Looked nice. Thats actually what made me think about the CF hood.

But I think I will stick with VIS just becuase I heard of them longer and that what I got the best prices on :D
Normally I think carbon fibre hoods are the lamest, ugliest, ricey pieces of crap you could possibly put on a car. I think they look utterly horrible, so horrible that I can't even portray it with words. However, due to the colour of your car, it just might look good. I say might. Just my opinion though. If I were you, I'd do something else.

To those who have carbon fibre hoods, I don't mean to offend, I just hate them with all my being :)
"No, my sons name is also Bort!"
im painting mine
Why would you paint it?

Why not just get a fiberglass hood then ... it would be lighter if made properly as well.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
tdot-zx3,Jul 9 2005, 07: Wrote:Why would you paint it?

Why not just get a fiberglass hood then ... it would be lighter if made properly as well.
[right][snapback]120522[/snapback][/right]

exactly^^^

one of the main reasons i would a CF hood is beacuse i love the looks of it...but if i wanted it for pure weight reasons...go fiberglass

lol i dunno why i typed i was painting it? LOL I was tired i think
ZX3TUNR,Jul 9 2005, 06:02 PM Wrote:lol i dunno why i typed i was painting it? LOL I was tired i think
[right][snapback]120583[/snapback][/right]

so you lied yo us!!!!!!! you have lost all my trust...

j/k...so i take it your not...lol
lol i dunno why the hell i typed that LOL I think i ment to post it in a different topic lol
Well I'll be standing alone when this is read by all, but I say go for the seats, because ride comfort Should be a good enough reason by itself. I mean you drive your car and I'm sure you'd want the comfy seats in there.

But wow the price tag :wacko: !!!
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
The ractive seats I can get a pair with the ford focus brackets for $700 taxes in shipped.
post on FJ, many people who have VIS hoods are not to happy with them a year after getting them....

best prices?
what price are you getting a VIS hood for?
get the ralliart seats that come in the mitsubishi lancer ... they can usually be found on ebay for a great price

They are what i plan on getting when i finally decide on getting seats

Below Average Car Club
something no one wants to think about but i wouldn't trust just any seat in a crash.. i'd skip the 'ractive' seats and go for svt seats or something. a bit nicer.. and oem crash worthiness..
naz,Jul 11 2005, 03:18 AM Wrote:something no one wants to think about but i wouldn't trust just any seat in a crash.. i'd skip the 'ractive' seats and go for svt seats or something. a bit nicer.. and oem crash worthiness..
[right][snapback]120933[/snapback][/right]

BINGO>>>>>>>>>>>ding ding ding he wins the prize. After having to deal with the insurance company about losing my insurance on the modified Focus, the last thing they told me was if I change the seats and get in an accident.............pucker up and kiss your ass goodbye.

Those side airbags some of you have must be there in the car to have legit insurance. So yes, SVT or bust.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.