Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powdercoating Wheels Alternative To New Rims?
I'm getting driven out of my mind (pun intended) trying to find 16" rims to replace the stockers on my Focus. So far the only 16"s I've seen that will fit locally have such a high concentration of fugly to em, they should be marked as hazardous waste <_<

Saw a few topics on focusfanatics.com regarding powdercoating the wheels, now these were taking the stocker 16"s and doing them in black. While that looks okay I wondered what were peoples thoughts on taking the stockers and doing them up in the colour of the car? Would that be venturing too far into the land of rice and should I therefore keep looking?

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jul 15 2005, 08:51 PM Wrote:I'm getting driven out of my mind (pun intended) trying to find 16" rims to replace the stockers on my Focus.  So far the only 16"s I've seen that will fit locally have such a high concentration of fugly to em, they should be marked as hazardous waste  <_<

Saw a few topics on focusfanatics.com regarding powdercoating the wheels, now these were taking the stocker 16"s and doing them in black.  While that looks okay I wondered what were peoples thoughts on taking the stockers and doing them up in the colour of the car?  Would that be venturing too far into the land of rice and should I therefore keep looking?

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]122755[/snapback][/right]

hmmm, the only cars that i ever saw with body coloured wheels, where nice benz's and BMW, with like 22's and deep dish chrome lips...

on a focus...i dont know...

on FF that guy did his black and left the lip alone, i thought it looked awsome
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
The red car with the red rims would make alot of us cringe. Ask Bunny. He might know since he owns a 05 too.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
I've seen a lime green slammed chevy truck rollin' around my area with just the sides of the spokes painted(kinda like S2 style) to match and it looks really slick, but it could be the lime green. B)
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
I am 995 sure Malby had his rims powdercoated this past winter and his car looks like dis.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v291/MAlby7/...w&current=2.jpg

I stole your car Mike.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
FociPhil,Jul 15 2005, 05:18 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jul 15 2005, 08:51 PM Wrote:I'm getting driven out of my mind (pun intended) trying to find 16" rims to replace the stockers on my Focus.  So far the only 16"s I've seen that will fit locally have such a high concentration of fugly to em, they should be marked as hazardous waste  <_<

Saw a few topics on focusfanatics.com regarding powdercoating the wheels, now these were taking the stocker 16"s and doing them in black.  While that looks okay I wondered what were peoples thoughts on taking the stockers and doing them up in the colour of the car?  Would that be venturing too far into the land of rice and should I therefore keep looking?

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]122755[/snapback][/right]

hmmm, the only cars that i ever saw with body coloured wheels, where nice benz's and BMW, with like 22's and deep dish chrome lips...

on a focus...i dont know...

on FF that guy did his black and left the lip alone, i thought it looked awsome
[right][snapback]122762[/snapback][/right]

can't forget jarrod, with his white rims on the white car
meford4u,Jul 15 2005, 06:01 PM Wrote:The red car with the red rims would make alot of us cringe.  Ask Bunny.  He might know since he owns a 05 too.
[right][snapback]122773[/snapback][/right]

Bunny's car is a copper colour and that I couldn't see with body coloured rims. The Sangria Red of mine might be able to pull it off, but I wanted other opinions...

It's just so hard finding decent 16"s to fit the Focus <_<

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jul 15 2005, 10:47 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Jul 15 2005, 06:01 PM Wrote:The red car with the red rims would make alot of us cringe.  Ask Bunny.  He might know since he owns a 05 too.
[right][snapback]122773[/snapback][/right]

Bunny's car is a copper colour and that I couldn't see with body coloured rims. The Sangria Red of mine might be able to pull it off, but I wanted other opinions...

It's just so hard finding decent 16"s to fit the Focus <_<

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]122824[/snapback][/right]

hey daniel, if you post a pic, maybe someone can photoshop the colour change of the rims for you *cough**cough*anthony*cough*cough*
Hey didn't that guy *cough,darkpuppet,cough* that had his car hacked up on Tuner Transformations have his stock 16" wheels painted body colour?
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
you don't want to colour the rims in the match to the body colour, unless they are chrome with the colour accents. I'd go with a dark colour, black gunmetal, etc. I had my SVT rims coated in what was called either iron glimmer, or charcoal metalic, regaurdless they came out awsome. A shade of grey in between gunmetal, and black. It was more like the colour of a heavily covered rim in brake dust, as we all know about that with stock brakes...
RICE.
[Image: RIMMED.jpg]
ANTHONYD,Jul 20 2005, 09:59 AM Wrote:RICE.
[right][snapback]123701[/snapback][/right]

:blink:

MY EYES!!!! :blink:

Go Gunmetal and keep the lip as is. B)
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
ANTHONYD,Jul 20 2005, 09:59 AM Wrote:RICE.

GYAH! :blink: Even if I left the centre caps alone that's just :puke:

I guess its true, body colour rims only works when your car is black or white :ph34r:

NefCanuck
(Thanks for smacking that idea outta my head Anthony, even if it was with a clue by four with nails embedded in it :rofl:)
at least you know where to draw the line.

some people dont.
wow if thats not photoshoped I don't know what is. Goddam thats fugly

ANTHONYD,Jul 20 2005, 08:59 AM Wrote:RICE.
You should try something like this NefCanuck

[Image: rimpaint8.jpg]

[Image: rimpaint7.jpg]

[Image: rimpaint3.jpg]
i think it could look decent.. polished lip with body colored spokes...

it would remind people of this look though, so it'll probably look fairly 'ricey' to most
[Image: DSCF0115filtered.jpg]
Red rims just look funny to start with, and draw a lot of attention to them.. and with a stock painted rim you probably dont want to draw that much attention to them. Those wheels painted black/gunmetal with the silver lip/centercap/lugs looks really nice though..
WiLL,Jul 24 2005, 12:14 AM Wrote:You should try something like this NefCanuck

[right][snapback]124654[/snapback][/right]

that's sexy, did you just leave the " lip " or did you paint it with something??
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
WiLL,Jul 23 2005, 08:14 PM Wrote:You should try something like this NefCanuck

[right][snapback]124654[/snapback][/right]

Very good work.