Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fully Vertical....finally
I just had 3 of the biggest guys I know get in and out of my car easily. Even took the car to 2 different shops and they both said the job is very well done. Im happy :D
any problems with the door being loose? can u "rock" the top of the door outward? ive only seen a few kits and they all did that. seems liek therre would be alot of wind noise on the highway and possibily hazardous at 120km+.
Turbo Kit For sale. Bills SUCK.
Big Pimpin :bowdown: :bowdown: :hitit: :hitit:
I just went on the free way this after noon and booted it up 140km and it seemed normal. Seems to seal alot better to.

There is the same amount as play with this door as there is with stock doors.

Some of the guys I showed my kit to were vertical doors haters just by seeing some of the kits out there and they all changed there opinions.

Vertical doors should not be done by the weak at heart unless your fully aware what damage you can do to the car if you dont do it right and have no patients. The Focus is my little cruiser car so I could care less about funtional. I just want looks and speed and im happy. So I dont reccomend doing it on a daily driver.

LOL The expression on my dads face when he saw me cutting the s**t out of my new car was priceless.

Wide body is next on the agenda
i though boost was next again?

if you go wide body, get the RS fenders...or parts from that other wide body kit a guy from the jet has, starts with a Q
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
I well prolly be doing something liek the HKS focus. would need to modify my front bumper to and widen it.

Boost may be here this winter. Like I said Im in no rush. I have enough probs getting warranty wiht just exahust I would like to keep what I got for a bit longer. I wanna learn some more auto body stuff. I been looking intot he F2 and OEM RS fenders.
autobody work is some of the best stuff to get into. jason, you have some serious talent if you can vertical doors, and i do beleive you painted and customized your radio surround. just more credit for you to take at the car shows.
'03 Focus SVT
If it wasnt for my buddy helping me and showing me all the tricks I wouldnt know what I do.

I really hate painting but dam do I love welding and fiberglass.
ZX3TUNR,Jul 11 2005, 06:25 PM Wrote:I well prolly be doing something liek the HKS focus. would need to modify my front bumper to and widen it.

Boost may be here this winter. Like I said Im in no rush. I have enough probs getting warranty wiht just exahust I would like to keep what I got for a bit longer. I wanna learn some more auto body stuff. I been looking intot he F2 and OEM RS fenders.
[right][snapback]121228[/snapback][/right]

Those F2 flares look awesome, they look like they belong on the car. Is the HKS Focus the orange one with the Reiger kit? That one is done really well, but the flares dont really follow the body lines of the arches in the fenders which I think is one of the strongest styling cues the Focus body has.

Widebody collection bumper would be awesome, I'd be too chickenshit to mess with expensive european bumpers to try something like that though. Good luck man.
Nice work Jay. *thumbsup*
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
Jay, I'll be in Regina on Sunday and all next week (work related). I gotta check this out, let me know when your around.... I think you got my cell number correct? Pretty sure I got yours......
I love it, but you shoulda done the drivers door first so untill you get the other one done, people see it whenever you get out. But a week isn't long.
Good job though!

I would rather get suicide doors.
www.VicVodka.com
http://www.thePman.com

[Image: 778239_85.jpg][Image: 778239_48.jpg]
Nah. I was scared of getting everything off then in case anything happened and not getting the door on and finsihed.
ZX3TUNR,Jul 14 2005, 09:19 PM Wrote:Nah. I was scared of getting everything off then in case anything happened and not getting the door on and finsihed.
[right][snapback]122397[/snapback][/right]

so only the passenger door is done? or both doors? all the pics are only showing the passenger side. looks good though.
2006 Corolla - 1.8 DOHC 16V VVTi
2000 Focus SE Sport - 2.0 DOHC 16V Zetec - SOLD
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jaspher
http://ca.geocities.com/tdsports@rogers.com/home.htm
[Image: sig.jpg]
Jaspher,Jul 16 2005, 02:38 PM Wrote:
ZX3TUNR,Jul 14 2005, 09:19 PM Wrote:Nah. I was scared of getting everything off then in case anything happened and not getting the door on and finsihed.
[right][snapback]122397[/snapback][/right]

so only the passenger door is done? or both doors? all the pics are only showing the passenger side. looks good though.
[right][snapback]122925[/snapback][/right]

right now (to the best of my knowledge) only the passenger door is done, enless jay has done the drivers side, which i doubt, cause he got his HID's in so he's prob sitting at home making a date as to when he should put those in :P
Im so glad I didnt do the driver side first. Been 2 days so far on the driver side. So far we had to relocated and pretty much modify the windsheild washer fluid tank since its int he way of the hinge. That took a good 4 hours.

We got the door on and the modified fender is ready to put on. Just need to lock tight and waiting for the fender to dry. Where we cut I painted it all with tremclad so it wont rust.

Then since we did the driver side so much better we wanna redo the passenger side. Im never going to trust the oem fenders thow. There cheap sheet metal. A fiberglass fender would be stronger then those peices of crap. Good experience thow. Nothing is 100% perfect by my standards....YET! How ever Im the only person that evere see the stuff I see wrong.

If any one ever says scissor doors is bolt on can you please punch them in the face for me.
ZX3TUNR,Jul 19 2005, 09:02 PM Wrote:If any one ever says scissor doors is bolt on can you please punch them in the face for me.
[right][snapback]123626[/snapback][/right]

With pleasure. :rolleyes:
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
The finsihed product.

There is easily another 10 hours that can be put into here for more adjustment. In all total we spent about 18 hours on the kit and prolly a bit more.

LIke I mentioned before the drivers side was a bit more taskier but we ended up doing it better then the passenger witch ment we redo the passenger side.

[Image: 00sa1.jpg]

This is how much we had to cut off from the origional windsheild washer fluid tank

[Image: 17-07-05_0035Small.jpg]

Noah out side working on it while I start the wiring

[Image: 17-07-05_0050Small.jpg]

[Image: 17-07-05_0130Small.jpg]

[Image: 17-07-05_0132Small.jpg]

All done

[Image: 17-07-05_0141Small.jpg]

[Image: 17-07-05_1339Small.jpg]

Took us a few trys of going back and melting plastic etc to make sure all the leaks were gone. Its perfect now :D
Jay, I LOVE IT!! I wanna do the same to mine lol, especially after seeing all the cars this weekend, i now love your car that much more!
turbo it, and this car will be legendary.

definatly suggest the RS widebody, as mentioned before, the arc styling on the focus is a main styling cue of the cars... and most widebody kits ruin that flow.