Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear Hatch Opening
Are there any kits available to convert the rear hatch on a ZX3 or a ZX5 into a two piece opening?
In other words make it so the glass can be opened separately from the hatch?
( for example just like the Honda CRV rear hatch )
Cheers.
hmmm... very interesting. Haven't heard of any such kits but it's a cool idea
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
can't say I've heard of anything like this being done.. would be very original...

is this something you're interested in trying?

if so.... *grabs the sawzall* B)
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Seems to me this would be a natural mod. The design leaves itself with the perfect shape for this.

I am surprised this has not been done?

I will do some more research. Perhaps some bright european owner has done it.

Cheers.
Would be a lot of work, but I guess anything is possible if you know what you're doing.
Another project for when Jay gets bored again.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
I was thinking of a 3 piece set up like the mid 90's astro vans

glass lifts up and lower part splits into 2 doors :D

only prob is rear wiper would have to be deleted
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
SL8RZZX3,Jul 28 2005, 08:15 AM Wrote:I was thinking of a 3 piece set up like the mid 90's astro vans

glass lifts up and lower part splits into 2 doors  :D

only prob is rear wiper would have to be deleted
[right][snapback]125938[/snapback][/right]

Why? Couldn't you just have the wiper come along with one of the mini-doors as they swing open? Sure you'd have to mind it when opening/closing/loading/unloading, but it doesn't mean you'd have to lose it completely.

That actually sounds like a fun project to attempt and actually has some practical use too ;)

NefCanuck
That sounds cool... now, what if I mounted a small rear window in my trunklid, so I don't have to pop the trunk to watch my LEDs bouncing off the sub? :huh:

"Hey hun! I need some cash... nevermind what it's for!" :lol:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS definatly just inspired the fastback conversion desire in me again...
Awesome idea and it looks good.. there is a focus out there with it done already. LOOKS HOT not a fan of the paint scheme but the hatch is impressive

[Image: cougar01-rearopenhatch.jpg]
FEMALES: CAN'T LIVE WITH THEM, CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THEM
[right][snapback]127793[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Sweet Hatch! (paint too carnivalesk)
PS! check those tail lights!
"Focus On The Road!"
I Love My Liquid Grey 2007 Focus ZX3 SE

Next: tint, front & rear bumpers...
05zx5,Aug 4 2005, 01:34 AM Wrote:Awesome idea and it looks good.. there is a focus out there with it done already. LOOKS HOT not a fan of the paint scheme but the hatch is impressive

[right][snapback]127793[/snapback][/right]
wow never thouhgt id see a focus wiht running boards....mind you the stock SUV ride height could easily accomadate it.

dunno if im right or not but is that 2 side mounted fart cans for an exhaust that look like a chrome bumper???
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
hahah thats what i was thinking.. the "bumper" looks like mufflers, that focus if totally custom and i bow to the work that went into the car but the running boards and exhaust and choice of colors just don't do it for me. the tails look hot tho
FEMALES: CAN'T LIVE WITH THEM, CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THEM
What did they do to that poor Focus. Vary good custom job but it looks like some lowrider job they put on the wrong car. I like the window idea though. My buddy has a civic hatch that he welded the hatch shut but the window still opens. If you do the window mod please send me some pics. ;)

aka013@hotmail.com
fuckis1

2002 Black SVT focus.
Mods: Aem CAI, Magnaflow Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JBA wires, H&R sport springs, Steeda Short Shifter and no back seats....
If you want it, Go Buy a 92-92 CIvic HB

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear Hatch Trim ZX3guy2000 5 1,562 09-15-2005, 10:37 AM
Last Post: CheckMyVitals