Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wich Turbo/sc?
I know this is a familier post but I need to know some stuff. Im getting my turbo or SC next year and im starting to shop around. Wich turbo/SC is worth the money??

1.Roush
2.Power Works
3.Pro Charger
4. or a custom turbo!

Please help me!!! :D
Turbo arrived!
vf engineering :)
i have no experience wiht any of them but if i was to go boost right now, "bolt on" (i know its not true) would be powerworks S/C or maybe splurge and go FocusPower turbo wiht a FMIC(stage 2????)
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
hardk0re,Aug 1 2005, 06:11 PM Wrote:vf engineering  :)
[right][snapback]126808[/snapback][/right]

How much did it cost you?? If you don't mind me asking.
Turbo arrived!
I dunno. IM gunna have to say no to ProCharger after my experience. Good but dont think its worth the money.

VF i say or roush if you want a kit how ever if you dont wanna spend any money you can easily put together a high qaulity DIY kit for under $2500 CDN.
ZX3TUNR,Aug 1 2005, 06:27 PM Wrote:I dunno. IM gunna have to say no to ProCharger after my experience. Good but dont think its worth the money.

VF i say or roush if you want a kit how ever if you dont wanna spend any money you can easily put together a high qaulity DIY kit for under $2500 CDN.
[right][snapback]126820[/snapback][/right]

Where can I get a DIY kit? How much power does it give?
Turbo arrived!
focusonthis_88,Aug 1 2005, 06:45 PM Wrote:
ZX3TUNR,Aug 1 2005, 06:27 PM Wrote:I dunno. IM gunna have to say no to ProCharger after my experience. Good but dont think its worth the money.

[right][snapback]126827[/snapback][/right]

DIY = Do it Yourself. ;)

High Quality kit for under $2500. I dont think so. <_<

My stuff isnt high quality and I blew the $2500 mark easily.

Eric, I'd go with the Focus Power Stage 1 kit.

Good for 190-200WHP (same in TRQ). Plus you can upgrade anytime also.

http://www.focus-power.com/view.php?show...c_STG1_Kit
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Aug 1 2005, 06:55 PM Wrote:
focusonthis_88,Aug 1 2005, 06:45 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]126827[/snapback][/right]

DIY = Do it Yourself. ;)

High Quality kit for under $2500. I dont think so. <_<

My stuff isnt high quality and I blew the $2500 mark easily.

Eric, I'd go with the Focus Power Stage 1 kit.

Good for 190-200WHP (same in TRQ). Plus you can upgrade anytime also.

http://www.focus-power.com/view.php?show...c_STG1_Kit
[right][snapback]126831[/snapback][/right]

Does it come with the intercooler??

Edit: it says no intercooler but I thought you needed one if you go higher then 8 psi
Turbo arrived!
That kit has no intercooler, but you can upgrade later. I would strongly suggest an intercooler for anythign over 8psi

How much psi does the Zetec Stage 1 Turbo Kit have??
Turbo arrived!
focusonthis_88,Aug 1 2005, 07:25 PM Wrote:How much psi does the Zetec Stage 1 Turbo Kit have??
[right][snapback]126843[/snapback][/right]

Tom tunes the kit at 10psi I think.

He'd know a lot more than me.
Flofocus,Aug 1 2005, 07:28 PM Wrote:
focusonthis_88,Aug 1 2005, 07:25 PM Wrote:How much psi does the Zetec Stage 1 Turbo Kit have??
[right][snapback]126843[/snapback][/right]

Tom tunes the kit at 10psi I think.

He'd know a lot more than me.
[right][snapback]126844[/snapback][/right]

If it's a 10psi I should get a intercooler then? Because it says no need of a intercooler.
Turbo arrived!
go for Stage 1 and see how you like it, like Flo said, you can upgrade it later. His kits are pricey, but worth it.
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
I've got the VF supercharger, but honestly if your after power then toms turbo is probably the best route to take.

The VF Kit is around $4100-4200 out the door.
Only order from Tom if you wannt wait a year for an email or have him lose your tunes.
Even Dean has been waiting a long ass time for his s**t.

I posted in ff.com saying I wanted to buy the stage 1 kit. Every one complimented on my choice. I even emailed him saying I wanted to order it right now. Still no reply. So w/e. His loss.

Also stage one has no tunes at all so your looking at another 1000us on top of the price he has listed on his site.

How ever. I seen guys spend under $1000 on really nice turbo kits. For example the D16 Vtech civic here. He boosted his motor for $400 and he even has a GT28RS turbine in there. It all comes down to what resources you got and connections.

FS kit is sweet since you can buy it in stages and stage 3 looks sick!

I find its not the parts that cost the money. Its all the little s**t you have to do. Putting the FMIC in my front bumper well be fun. Fog light got to come out and out come the grinder.
i'd also say stay away from the procharger kits. no tuning, requires moding to make it fit propperly and i'm still wondering about the use of the bottom mount intercooler...?

VF/FS kit:
best bang for your buck, easy to upgrade, great tech-support what more could you want

Powerworks kits:
expensive at first but worth it once you drive it. great power, unbelieveable drivability, easy to upgrade or retune for more power.

toms's stuff is not the end all be all of performance for the focus.
tom does good work, his parts and workmanship on those parts is top notch but his best tuning work is inhouse, not mailorder.
i'd say get like a precision kit or something.. or toms stg1 kit.. even without intercooler, it still works, just not has efficient.. you would still enjoy the stg1 im sure.

as flo mentioned.. its nice to build your own kit but its easy to go over the mark.. i wouldn't say that mine isn't "quality" as I did pick my parts and tehres really nothing getho about it (except the tie-wraps here and there).. its alot of work though when you could get one made already and functional
ZX3T gone..
I also think the Precision is a well made kit. The oil pump used for the retun is a nice idea.
ZX3TUNR,Aug 1 2005, 11:20 PM Wrote:Only order from Tom if you wannt wait a year for an email or have him lose your tunes.
Even Dean has been waiting a long ass time for his s**t.

I posted in ff.com saying I wanted to buy the stage 1 kit. Every one complimented on my choice. I even emailed him saying I wanted to order it right now. Still no reply. So w/e. His loss.

[right][snapback]126941[/snapback][/right]

Tom is VERY busy, I have aboslutely no problems getting a hold of him. Everytime I call, you can hear a car on the dyno in the background, hear him shut off the car, and hear him walk to the phone. I think he's been great to deal with and very proffesional. Though he does go off in his rants about J&S and its problems. :lol: :P

Tom tunes muscle cars. Thats what he usually works on, not the focis.

He doesnt seem computer literate though. haha....he has lost many of my emails, so now I dont bother, I usually call him around 11am or 2pm...
:lol:.... i think when i move to brantford. i'm going with the toms stg 1 kit.... just (insurance/car will be under my name then)
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold