Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magnaflow :( Please Read Magnaflow Guys
So I had my Magnaflow on for a while now and today getting my fuel filter replaced I notice something ackward in the magnaflow muffler.

I will let the pictures do the rest. Any one running magnaflow I really sugesst taking a good look at it. I plan on calling them tommorow and seeing what they can do since they offer lifetime warranty with there exahusts.

Between this and a clogged fuel filter no wonder why my car ran like absolute s**t :S

[Image: 02-08-05_1652.jpg]

[Image: 02-08-05_1653.jpg]
Wow dude. Just... wow. :blink:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
HOLY s**t

YOU better sell the fookin car
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
seeing what magnaflow has to say about it. I just wanna go weld it shut right now but I better waight in case they do replace it.
Mine kinda looks like that too!
Really? Even the mechanic at the dealor said that was werid since it was a Magnaflow product. 2 years and the welds goto crap :S
ZX3TUNR,Aug 2 2005, 09:25 PM Wrote:Really? Even the mechanic at the dealor said that was werid since it was a Magnaflow product. 2 years and the welds goto crap :S
[right][snapback]127336[/snapback][/right]

Ya it only happens on the welds!

Let me know what magnaflow says to you!
Ya my exhaust is exactly the same as yours and ive had mine for 1.5 years. It sucks when you spend so much money then the welds rust in a year.
2000 CD Silver ZX3 Auto - Focus Sport Race Header + Flexpipe - Magnaflow Cat-back + Resonator- P&P Head - Comp Cams - Esslinger Cam Gears - AEM CAI - Ford Racing Plug Wires - Progress Springs - Eibach Dampers - 17" OZ Superleggeras - Diablo Sport Chip - Focus Central UDPs - Wings West W-Type

128 whp
120 wtq
that's the problem with mig welds, even SS ones do not last.
hmmm, im gonna have to slide under and check mine out
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
FociPhil,Aug 3 2005, 01:00 PM Wrote:hmmm, im gonna have to slide under and check mine out
[right][snapback]127524[/snapback][/right]

Damn, even my buddies ractive muffler has lasted longer then that and it's outside all year round :blink: ill never buy a maganflow for any car, borla or flowmaster for me
My Mom Says I'm Special
The welds gotta go sooner or later but this was way to soon. I hardly even drive the car and it doesnt see winter. The kit was only on for a year and 1/2 and this allready. To be honest I think I could of gotten an ebay exhaust and it could of lasted longer. Its just makes me kinda mad becuase I didnt get this exahust for cheap and I would have expected the welds to last a bit longer.

Any way. Magnaflow emailed me back.

Quote:The warranty process starts with the retailer where the product was
purchased. They will initially inspect the item to see if it qualifies
for warranty and if it does they will contact their distributor who will
obtain return authorization number from Magnaflow. Magnaflow will not
accept warranty items without this number. Please be sure that you have
the original proof of purchase as the retailer may ask for it. In the
mean time, the retailer will sell you another part and ship the
defective part back to their distributor and then back to Magnaflow to
undergo warranty inspection. We will then issue a credit back down the
line to you. If you have any additional questions please give us a call.

To be honest thats to much bullshit for me. This means I would have to send the muffler back to Tony at New Edge and he's all the way in Mary Land. Im going to see if there is away getting around that.

Also I took the muffler off last night and the welds are totally gone. Both sides all around. My dad was also shocked. With the header being so loud no wonder I could never here the leak. Any way Im going to the shop and just going to weld it all back together if I have to.
Buy a borla. (2.5 to, not 2 1/4 or whatver the rest are)
Flofocus,Aug 3 2005, 11:45 AM Wrote:Buy a borla. (2.5 to, not 2 1/4 or whatver the rest are)
[right][snapback]127555[/snapback][/right]

Amen brotha.
this is why I don't like buying expensive name brand stuff.... you pay an arm and leg for it and it fails then you kick yourself in the balls, or ask a friend to. If you buy it cheap and it fails you're not that made just fix it and you're fine :)

does anyone here have MBRP? under the car?
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
nass,Aug 3 2005, 03:29 PM Wrote:this is why I don't like buying expensive name brand stuff.... you pay an arm and leg for it and it fails then you kick yourself in the balls, or ask a friend to. If you buy it cheap and it fails you're not that made just fix it and you're fine :)

[right][snapback]127603[/snapback][/right]

Well said.

This applies to the ol' Bomz vs AEM thing to. :rolleyes:
bOmZ cAi 4 Life Beeyatch
ZX3TUNR,Aug 3 2005, 04:04 PM Wrote:bOmZ cAi 4 Life Beeyatch
[right][snapback]127611[/snapback][/right]

Amen Brotha :lol:
nass,Aug 3 2005, 11:29 AM Wrote:this is why I don't like buying expensive name brand stuff.... you pay an arm and leg for it and it fails then you kick yourself in the balls, or ask a friend to. If you buy it cheap and it fails you're not that made just fix it and you're fine :)

i guess that is why we all drive focus'

right?

:rolleyes:

jason,
email tony the pics you have and call him up to discuss, he may be able to help you out.

ZX3TUNING,Aug 3 2005, 08:15 PM Wrote:
nass,Aug 3 2005, 11:29 AM Wrote:this is why I don't like buying expensive name brand stuff.... you pay an arm and leg for it and it fails then you kick yourself in the balls, or ask a friend to. If you buy it cheap and it fails you're not that made just fix it and you're fine :)

i guess that is why we all drive focus'

right?

:rolleyes:

[right][snapback]127614[/snapback][/right]

AMEN BROTHA!! :lol:
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Magnaflow Catback, Fs Header Anyone? AckermaNzx3 9 3,244 09-24-2008, 12:37 AM
Last Post: AckermaNzx3
  Mbrp Or Magnaflow? Drivesthebeast 11 5,485 04-11-2004, 06:46 AM
Last Post: paolo