Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fastest Way To Reach My Goal!
ZX3TUNING,Aug 5 2005, 06:32 PM Wrote:for the record, to get 200fwhp+ out of the zetec, you are looking at the following:

11.5:1+ compression pistons
rods... lighter the better!
FR head with an addition port and polish and a 0.015 deck to reeduce the quench area
crower valve train
big tune race header(kamikaze is the only option)
2.5" exhaust and flex
BIG cams
cam gears
UDP
oil pump work
swirl pot for the coolant
extrude honde FR intake manifold with FC 70mm TB OR a quad TB setup
SCT pro-racer tuner kit because nobody will do mailorder on high hp NA cars... if you are going with the FR intake manifold
DTA EXP48 standalone ECU if you go with the quad TBs
36lb/hr injectors
short ram intake with a forced or static cold air source(hood vent/scoop)

with high hp NA, you really need to spin the zetec to make the power
a redline of no less than 7500rpm or 8000rpm ideal.
you will need a clutch to hold the power, it does not need to be a really agressive disc just a PP with an assload of clamp force. an LSD and lower final drive are not needed but will help put the power to the ground!

200fwhp NA out of a zetec is not that hard to do, most people usually just give up after looking at how much money they have spent vs how much power they have and kick them self in the ass for not going with boost!

200fwhp in an Auto, would be such a waste!
[right][snapback]128531[/snapback][/right]

wow... this is the second time I"ve read about a swirl pot in matters concerning the focus....

Anyhoo.. 200WHP, save up and get a manual tranny-equipped car.. then save up and get yerself a turbo... it'll be worth the wait, trust me!

p.s. just noticed you also mentioned quad tb's... nice for racing applications, even euro-chic, but totally impractical for the focus IMO..
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Alright...the Zetec and/or SPI, especially bolted to the auto is not gonna be overly powerful. Since everyone else here said having a auto foci that is powerful is a waste of your time...do this instead...

The Focus' forte is steering/handling, and decent braking...even in stock form. You can have a car that corners with ridiculous ease, and for not much money. Looking at about $3000 if you include a suspension kit (springs, dampners, swaybars and bushings), a set of rims and tires, and a strut tower bar. If you shop around, you can find deals on all of those things. You might even have money left over that you can set aside for better brakes.

This is the approach I'm taking with my car...I know it's no powerhouse, so I'm making it a good handling car so I can annoy other drivers in the twisties...lol. Mind you, I also have a decent stereo too, and the exterior is gonna be a US/Euro hybrid...

I'd just get the exhaust and intake and TB and some ignition wires, and spend the rest on handling, braking, etc.

Bleeding Ford Blue again...
be careful with that idea!

great handling leads to the urges to MORE POWER!! :ph34r:

I take it that's the approach you took...nice clean look, good suspension setup...but later succumbed to the dark side...lol
Well from what i take, the idea of 200 hp, is a goal not easily reached with basic bolt ons and junk.

But as i said before. am going to have to keep my goals set on more... important things, like.. oh fixing the car so i can drive it."legally" but yea.... thanks for all the help tho!
Save points are for quiters
Yeah, without FI, 200hp is tough to accomplish...just go about doing up the suspension and whatnot...mind you, if you could have 120-140hp at the wheels with some bolt-ons, headwork, and a tune...that'd be a fun car, regardless if it's an auto.

I was curious though...why don't you put aftermarket bumpers and whatnot on your car instead of OEM, since they are damaged? It'd be cool to see a sedan with a skirt package or aftermarket bumpers and whatnot...

Either way, best of luck to ya!

Cheers