Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guys With F.i. Must Be Feeling It In The Ass.....
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 9 2005, 11:20 AM Wrote:
NoiSeeVT,Aug 9 2005, 10:41 AM Wrote:Remember when the price was this low.

Found this a couple of days ago :o

[Image: gasprice.jpg]
[right][snapback]129854[/snapback][/right]

I just can't believe that. If the receipt said 1988 as the year, than yah... But not 1998.
[right][snapback]129874[/snapback][/right]

i do rember those days.

*cry*
Remember that is over 7 years ago, I wasnt driving in 1988.

Gas was in the 40-60 cent range all through that time.

David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
When I moved to Toronto (january 1st and 2nd) in 1998, we paid $0.33/l for diesel, regular was 45c and that was expensive!
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

they need to sell the other petroleum product at the gas stations---petroleum jelly!! to help ease the pain :D
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
Man... I feel old. When I drove to QC when I was 20, it cost me all of 30 bucks for 800KMs... good old Chev Celebrity with the 2.5L 4-cyl :D

That's '97 for anyone keeping track. Filling the tank on my Pulsar in '95 was a pittance... $20 or so most of the time.

We're gettin' scraped... and deduct the "sc" for the government's share.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
i still remember back in 1999 when it was 11.00 to fill my sisters firefly.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
I almost s**t this morning.

Over 42bux to fill the Focus.
Could you imagine owning a Hummer?

Jerk offs. I'll bet they ain't so cool now huh?

Looks good on them!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Regular here is 102.9, just filled up with 94 for 117.9.
I bought a red car, because everyone knows red is the fastest.
My focus is same on gas consumption with boost than it was without :P

Course this is not true when I spend too much time in boost......boost gauge goes up , gas gauge goes down.
I remember the days of 44.9 and such. I can't wait to fill the 5.0L this weekend
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
skifreak69,Aug 9 2005, 12:24 PM Wrote:Regular here is 102.9, just filled up with 94 for 117.9.
[right][snapback]129908[/snapback][/right]

And thats when i'll make the 52km walk to work.
05 Altima SE-R
I still have a newspaper where the headline is "49.9, and it's going up!"

People were freaked about it hitting 50ctre... good ol days... that was what, 2000? :P :lol: When I first started driving, regular was between 45 & 52ctre... I've only been driving 5 years
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
It's kind of funny at my gas station, we sell SaskTel long distance phone cards and one of the cards has a picture of one of our gas stations as a promotion. The sign in the picture says 52.9 and we have that displayed on our counter.. it's small but a nice slap in the face to all the people paying $90+ to fill up their SUVs every couple days ;)
You whiners. :rolleyes:

Did any of you actually believe car ownership was in-expensive? You fuktards probably buy bottled water a $1.07 a half litre and stupid crap lile that, STFU.

Many of you are retards for living so far from where you work in the first place. God damn 905'ers.

As if any of you would actually save a couple bucks per day and actually take a bus. You guy's are too "cool" for that.

Your fat asses ride a bike? As if.

If there is anyone I have NOT yet offended please let me know and I'll try to be more inclusive next time. ;)

Come on people even an out of tune Focus can get 10litres/100km which is about $10.

Me and two others from work took a round trip from hamilton to Toronto and back yesterday. With the A/C on and QEW traffic it cost <$5 per head in fuel for the 160 km round trip. GAS IS CHEAP.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,Aug 9 2005, 02:17 PM Wrote:You whiners.  :rolleyes:

Did any of you actually believe car ownership was in-expensive? You fuktards probably buy bottled water a $1.07 a half litre and stupid crap lile that, STFU.

Many of you are retards for living so far from where you work in the first place. God damn 905'ers.

As if any of you would actually save a couple bucks per day and actually take a bus. You guy's are too "cool" for that.

Your fat asses ride a bike? As if.

If there is anyone I have NOT yet offended please let me know and I'll try to be more inclusive next time. ;)

Come on people even an out of tune Focus can get 10litres/100km which is about $10.

Me and two others from work took a round trip from hamilton to Toronto and back yesterday. With the A/C on and QEW traffic it cost <$5 per head in fuel for the 160 km round trip. GAS IS CHEAP.
[right][snapback]129963[/snapback][/right]

I'm not complaining.

I take the GO bus from Oakville, and then the TTC from Union (I mostly walk though when it's nice out)

Gas prices don't bug me I hardly drive!
:lol: :lol:

SO G.F.Y.! :P
I put on 55000 Km on my car since april 03 :(... the car was parked from nov~april.. and in service for 28 days... i drive too much
05 Altima SE-R
not saying driving was suppsoe to be in-expesnive.. but gaz is just twice what it was 6 years ago .. i mean, its a fact.. its TWICE as much.. so yes it IS more expensive.. imagine like taxi drivers or whatever..

i dont care.. ill still pay it.. but keep in mind that its still twice the price it was if you look at it proportionally even if it is just pennies.. if i could do fill ups at 20$ instead of 40$ .. that's about every 3 days.. so in a week i'd have 40$ more to drink some booze.. or i could buy myself food every lunch of the week instead of making myself a lunch..
ZX3T gone..
$36 for ~38.5L over lunch. Bleh. We're gettin hosed and the government and our wonderful oil oligopoly is just laughing all the way to the bank.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
BerinG,Aug 9 2005, 02:07 PM Wrote:.. but gaz is just twice what it was 6 years ago ..  i mean, its a fact.. its TWICE as much..  [right][snapback]129994[/snapback][/right]

So is the retail on my house.

The house I was so "crazy" to buy less than 3km from my work at Yonge & St. Clair. Hell I didn't even own a car till I was 30. I never "needed" a car till I bought one.

For me cars are a luxury not a necessity. The folks who do complain have made their cars a necessity and have to be prepaired to pay the price or take other measures.

To spend $40 every 3 days on gas is $400 a month is RETARDED and wasteful. Take what ever you pay per month to live where you do now, add $400 more and see how much closer in miles to your work or school that would get you.

You could be probably be my neighbour.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!