Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It Wasn't The Tune!
P-51,Aug 4 2005, 07: Wrote:
Crazirich,Aug 4 2005, 06:09 PM Wrote:LOL Mexican built ones have the most troubles
[right][snapback]128021[/snapback][/right]

Actually, Mexican build Foci have much better quality than US built ones. They actually appreciate their jobs.
[right][snapback]128096[/snapback][/right]

No, I don't appreciate my job, or the thousand or so guys lined up behind me wishing I would keel over so they would have a chance at my job.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
P-51,Aug 4 2005, 02: Wrote:
Crazirich,Aug 4 2005, 06:09 PM Wrote:LOL Mexican built ones have the most troubles

Actually, Mexican build Foci have much better quality than US built ones. They actually appreciate their jobs.

Most of the foci with issues are zx3 or zx5 and they are built in mexico. there are tons of sedans and wagons, but i usually see the hatchbacks with the issues
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
meh, its just because there are more Hatch owners on the focus forums in general.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
ANTHONYD,Aug 4 2005, 12:50 PM Wrote:So how does it run now????
[right][snapback]127957[/snapback][/right]

I'll let you know as soon as I get there to spiffy up the tune... fuel trims were bordering on 25% at low RPMs in this heat.. so a bit of tweaking, and she'll be just dandy I'm sure.

Taking the afternoon off tomorrow to go and do that.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

meford4u,Aug 4 2005, 07:52 PM Wrote:

No, I don't appreciate my job, or the thousand or so guys lined up behind me wishing I would keel over so they would have a chance at my job.
[right][snapback]128110[/snapback][/right]

I'm not going to bother arguing with you, since you talk out of both sides of your mouth, on the one hand you're always braging about how great it is to be paid NOT to work, but then you pretend like you actually have a shred of respect for the job you do.

I will however refer to the thousands of other autoworkers I have ever met, who think that the OEM owes them tons of money and benefits just because they show up every morning. Or rather, show up almost every morning.

For the record, the Mexican built Foci have much better quality. Any perception that the hatchbacks have more problems, is very skewed because most of the cars on here ARE hatchbacks. This is NOT a scientific control group.
I was speaking from the ratio of cars that come in where i work for repairs. I wasn't even thinking about board member cars and thier issues. We have more wagons and especially sedans in count of oil changes but more hatches (3F) cars for weird repairs and stupid problems
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
P-51,Aug 5 2005, 01: Wrote:
meford4u,Aug 4 2005, 07:52 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]128110[/snapback][/right]

I'm not going to bother arguing with you, since you talk out of both sides of your mouth, on the one hand you're always braging about how great it is to be paid NOT to work, but then you pretend like you actually have a shred of respect for the job you do.

I will however refer to the thousands of other autoworkers I have ever met, who think that the OEM owes them tons of money and benefits just because they show up every morning. Or rather, show up almost every morning.

For the record, the Mexican built Foci have much better quality. Any perception that the hatchbacks have more problems, is very skewed because most of the cars on here ARE hatchbacks. This is NOT a scientific control group.
[right][snapback]128385[/snapback][/right]

How can you say I talk out of both sides of my mouth about my job? Who wouldn't want a job that pays you well to stay home? You would be insane. If I didn't respect the job I did, I wouldn't be there. I may act like a fuktard on this site, but I actually do good work when I am working.
You'd have to be a moron not to brag about the fact that you get paid 87% of your regular pay to STAY HOME.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
back on topic...

christ... this wasn't a cheap fix... but at least I can be happy it was done right.

now I just need to find a better way to datalog... I'm getting sort of tired of this stupid autoenginuity crap. might be time to invest in a raptor.

How much was it
for them to track it down and fix it? ... just over $500

but it's finally fixed right.