Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let The Little Mods Begin
Okay so i decide to roll up my sleeves and attempt to dick around with the wiring in this new car of mine...i must say, it is quite an easy vehicle to strip parts off, well as long as you take your time.

So i removed the rear tailgate stock light, and wired in two 12 inch Eurolite neons. The bitch was that where i put them is pretty much the only place they would fit. If i can find smaller, but brighter i'll install them next.

[Image: Picture003.jpg]

[Image: Picture002.jpg]

[Image: Picture001.jpg]

[Image: Picture004.jpg]
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
I would have tried LED rods... not neons.... but looks good either way
Skirt, Volant Intake, HID projectors, Eibach Suspension, SVT rims
well, i had them from my old car, and they worked, no sense in buying new ones if these work. Disregard the clutter in the trunk...i'm thinking i'll need a 3rd one, to really light it up?
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
Slimsride,Aug 28 2005, 10:54 PM Wrote:i'm thinking i'll need a 3rd one, to really light it up?
[right][snapback]136572[/snapback][/right]

It might just be the pictures but it looks like it only lights up the sides of the hatch. It would be cool to have the light coming from the top, like on the underside of the hatch cargo tray thing.. Dont know how well that would work and/or how often you remove that piece since it would be a pain to have wires attached to it if you remove it a lot.
yeah i was thinking that myself...but i can still fold the seats, so that piece really wont' have to come out all that often. i'm thinking of putting it under the rear lip of it...(toward the absolute rear) of the hatch...not sure. I could also use clips to hold it there and if need to remove the deck the light will just pop outta the clips.

Mods so far:
Not a fan of neons... LED's aren't bad but I don't like neons.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
yea, as said, not a fan of neons, but if you looking for a third, you can always try putting a third on like close to the floor on the furthest part back in the trunk, hope you know what i'm talking about, but i think that would look cool..oh, and here's some led bars, i think they light up nicely in my trunk, way better than my buddies neons (my 2cents)

[Image: IMG_0228.jpg]
no 2 cents are good. and i appreciate the feedback. the way i see it is if and when i decide to put led bars in, atleast the wiring is already there....no need to pull that side panel off again..pay day is right around the corner anyhow..hehhehe

:D
Mods so far:
Have you looked at the firelights at Canadian Tire? They are like 59.99 and come with 8 little circles, with I think 6 leds in each circle. On the website it is under Driver FX.

Not really sure how they work yet, I still don't have that much in CDN tire money yet! But once I do I'm getting them to fill in the gaps of my underbody LED kit.

One Option

Skirt, Volant Intake, HID projectors, Eibach Suspension, SVT rims
ZX3guy2000,Aug 29 2005, 08:15 AM Wrote:Have you looked at the firelights at Canadian Tire?  They are like 59.99 and come with 8 little circles, with I think 6 leds in each circle.  On the website it is under Driver FX.

Not really sure how they work yet, I still don't have that much in CDN tire money yet!  But once I do  I'm getting them to fill in the gaps of my underbody LED kit.

One Option
[right][snapback]136627[/snapback][/right]

hmm, they kinda look like coasters...or even ashtrays....but i'll give them alook next time in Crappy Tire...need tire spray anyhow.
Mods so far:
Audiovibe has all different sizes of rods, both in neon, and in LED...lots of colours, ones that change colours, ones that can be set for light patterns, all of that good stuff...hmmm, might be tempted to put lights like that in mine now too...already have blue light from the capacitor and the amp....light on the subs would look neat...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...