Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spotted: Malby7
Your car looks cool at speed. ;)

How was dyno day? I was coming up from biking down and up the Don river trail. (yes you can fit a mountain bike inside a ZX3 hatch)

Did my exhaust sound 'Hondaesque'?

I just recently installed my SVT header kit with a RT cat (thanks TdotZX3) and now my deep rumbling Borla sound turns into a Honda fart can above 3K rpm.

vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
How much did you get the SVT header and cat for?

i think i'll be looking for a new set up soon..... :angry:
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
I got the SVT header kit (SVT header, heat shield, revised egr tube, revised dipstick, gaskets) for $275US. The RT cat was more expensive than the header and I also got the flex pipe as well as a complete package from McNews Automotive. Plus there was brokerage and duty across the border. Here is the page with the various configured packages from McNews:

McNews Automotive SVT header packages

I ordered mine back in April and the header was backordered from Ford Racing for about 5 months. Check to see if they have stock unless you want to wait a long time. The exchange is favourable to buy anything from the US now with a US dollar costing about $1.18 cdn.

[Image: M9430ZX3L_a.jpg]
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
That's a sweet ass price! thanx for the info!!!
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
Thanks for the car looks good at speed comment. Yes your car is louder now than the last time I heard it. It doesn't sound like most foci but it's still far from the honda-esque sound you hear way too often.

Dyno day was cool. My car surprised the s**t out of me so it was a great day all in all!