Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aftermarket Bulbs For The Oem Headlights
I've been doing minor cosmetic things to the ol' sedan in recent days... minor low-cost things to personalize it.

What aftermarket bulbs (besides these "silverstars") are available to replace the halogen bulbs in the headlight enclosures?

Location of store? Price (approx)? Appearance? Issues?

Thanks guys!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I had some from Eurolite, headlight bulbs and fog light bulbs. Look awesome, white instead of that yellow tinge like the stock ones. Car looked like a BMW coming from a distance. Only thing is that they burned out after a month or so, couple months on the fogs.....

I think I paid about 60 (dealer cost) or so for both sets, not worth it. Still pissed about that, but they did look awesome!
My self and all my freinds got emtecs. Great bulbs. $25 from the local shop here.
What place is that Jay? I might get a set, but I imagine that they don't match the fogs then in color right? Do they have fog bulbs to match also??
Got them from Hucal. I didnt even check for the fogs due to the fact I wont have my fogs anymore by the end of the week. Unless my new fogs take the same bulb size.
Yeah, what you doing up front there? New fogs? Anything else?
Emtec eh? What's the beam brightness like? Colour?

I'll look for Ontario distributors.

[EDIT] - a few members have reported in on the Silverstar thread that they've had theirs for months and haven't had any problems. So, now I am curious. I'll have to check out the pricing on those, too.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
emtecs are ultra white. i forget the wattage. i can double check later. ther awsome lights. the shop here told me if they ever burn out just to bring them back in.

Chad - I got the Focus RS front with clear hella indicators and the foglights. I also got Hella projector headlights on there way to and new H&R suspension kit.
You going to have any of that installed by the 19th? :D
Thanks man!

best bet for actual improvement in light output is to pick up a set of 100w bulbs and a heavy duty wiring harness.. non of those tinted bulbs can even come close
I stayed away with the higher watage bulbs for now. Dont feel like melting my harness up. I just wanted to get rid of that yellowish look... Best thing to do is what NAZ said.
yea you are right man.. you do need to be careful with higher wattage bulbs.. at first i just tossed em in and i melted one of the connectors.. so i went with the heavy duty wiring harness and used some dielectric grease on all the connections.. i didn't have any problem with the connectors after that.. but i did start to get some bubbling on the inside of the headlight.. on the spot closest to the bulb.. it wasn't THAT big a deal.. especially since i knew i was going to move to MACHs eventually.. but still something to keep in mind

the light output was amazing though. well worth the $10usd per bulb and $30usd for the harness
I have a set of the PIAA's extreme whites they were like 150$ but they looked awesome and driving at night was alot better they now sit on a shelf in my garage due to the fact the SRT has different bulbs :(
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Quote:I have a set of the PIAA's extreme whites they were like 150$ but they looked awesome and driving at night was alot better they now sit on a shelf in my garage due to the fact the SRT has different bulbs 

stupid neon lover
CD silver 03zx5,wings west type w, hella projectors,painted SVt upper grill, Grillcraft lower grill,clear corners,clear upper brake light, team dynamic 15 spoke x 17" rims,Kumho 712's 215/40,pacesetter header,magnaflow cat back,FC 65mm tb,RactiveCAI,MSD dis2 ignition,Tayler Vertex wires,SHM udp,Ractive upper strut tower brace,FK hitec suspension with springs/dampers-35/40 drop,Eibach front/rear anti sway bars,Steeda short throw shifter,Momo race air leather knob and e-brake handle,custom fiberglass upper dash with AC el -glow oil pressure/volt gauges,el-glow face gauges
dad,Jun 13 2004, 08:22 PM Wrote:
Quote:I have a set of the PIAA's extreme whites they were like 150$ but they looked awesome and driving at night was alot better they now sit on a shelf in my garage due to the fact the SRT has different bulbs 

stupid neon lover
:rolleyes: listen here old man how s the back and did u get your pass to park close to the mall yet?
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
I think I'm giving a set of the Silverstars a try this pay... after I go birthday shopping for the fiancee :P

Thanks for all the info guys! It's very much appreciated!

Before you run out and buy Silverstars, give the Eurolites a try. If you're not looking for a marked improvement in illumination (tho the whiter light will convince you you're seeing more) they're worth the $20 they cost. I bought 2 sets, and both ran me about 9 months each. At that point only one bulb had burnt out, so in actual fact I got longer because when one bulb in each set had burnt out, I still had the two good ones. All said and done, I got over a year and a half out of both sets. I got a helluva long time out of the Fogs, but they melted my foglight housing and the bulb got wedged into the plastic once it cooled. just be careful about temperatures and wattage.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Raine - got the part number and approximate cost per bulb for the Eurolites?

Also, I'm a Focus headlight bulb newb... how hard is it to install them? Just pop the hood and pop the bulbs out of the headlight lens?

[EDIT] - I just need the headlight part number, I have the SE sedan without fogs. I've wanted driving lights for a while, but not sure how to install them (any set, really).

I ran eurolites for close to a year before one burnt out on me. I bummed one of don's old ones off him, before I bought two new ones cause these tend to burn out one at a time.

I also had eurolite fogs. They lasted over a year, and I broke one when I was taking my fog light housings off to sell them when I got my new front end.

I still have one eurolite bulb if anyone local needs one....
Run your car, not your mouth

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aftermarket Headlights, Etc.. mysterygirl 9 3,138 08-27-2004, 05:37 PM
Last Post: tdot-zx3