Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tinting Rear Window
K, who here did their own rear window on thier foci's. (zx5) I tried yesterday, and fuked it all up..so i have to buy more tint, and start over again....

Found this link, very informative if you're looking to DIY

Tinting made easy...(yeah right)
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
i once tried to tint myself on my old car and that didn't turn out.. i say leave it to the shop as far as tint goes it will last longer and look better IMO
FEMALES: CAN'T LIVE WITH THEM, CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THEM
either that or buy the kit at crappy tire as it comes with everything to prevent you from screwing it up lol... I think it's like $25 ??
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
A friend and I were trying to tint the windows on his ZX5 with the CanTire stuff.. After a couple tries we got the side windows and the triangle windows looking pretty good, but the back window was really hard with the curve in it. We ended up just tearing all of it out and he was going to get it done by a pro.

It's definitely tricky stuff to work with, and really easy to ruin the piece you're trying to install.