Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2006 Civic Recalled
Anthony, have you ever though that maybe you got a lemon, people end up getting one like one out of every 10,000 ( I'm guessing ) cars, it's a fact of life.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
ANTHONYD,Nov 14 2005, 01:20 PM Wrote:Sadly..... That's not even all of them.

I still have more floating around somewhere.

I sent those pictures to Ford....

No response.
[right][snapback]155769[/snapback][/right]

:blink: Wow and I thought the number of work orders I had with my Olds was bad (I still have 'em, the new owner didn't want em) I knew the shuttle driver by name <_<

So far only the one serious one was the fuel sender, otherwise regular maintenance and adjusting a few loose trim bits here & there.

NefCanuck
I have yet to really have one problem with my focus. Everything I fixed was becuase I broke it myself.
Funny thing. My FORD truck has never let me down. I just had it's first engine light on and I had to replace, you guessed it, the DPF.

And I have 192,000km's on my truck and I paid less for my truck than puppet paid for his Focus. My truck is worth 12800-15000 today. What's your Focus worth darkman?

If everyone cared about resale value when they bought their Focus, they'd still be thinking about buying a car.

You bought the Focus cuz you liked it. Not because it would hold the value. I feel humour inside when people say I bought a car for it's resale value. It's a car, not an investment. You buy it to boost your ego and help you with the personality traits your missing.

I buy a car because I like it and it makes me happy.

And I love my truck.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Yeah, I agree with what Meford said totally...I bought the car because I realized off the bat the fun factor I'd have while driving it everyday, and the fun factor of modding it too. I also agree that perhaps some of us happened to buy a lemon or that old addage "don't buy built on a monday or friday". I had imports before, and my dad had imports too, and when they are new, they are expensive to fix, and when they get old, they are STILL expensive to fix. That, and when they are older, it's harder to find either new or used parts for them. Something more generic like a focus will have parts available for it until it's 20 years old. I know this because I can go into just about any parts store and get parts for my 78 Merc Zephyr, a LOT easier than I could for my old Mazda I had, and a lot easier than my dad could for his Saab's too. Our 77 Chevy Silverado is the same...EVERYONE has almost any part for it available or in stock...

I think that for some, their bad luck with their focus has left them with a bad taste in their mouth for not just Fords, but for NA cars in general. I should take pictures of the $6000+ in bills I spent on my 85 Mazda in less than 2 years...and hey, that still wouldn't leverage what kind of car I would buy. ANY car could potentially be a lemon...doesn't matter where it's from.
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Drivesthebeast,Nov 19 2005, 08:34 AM Wrote:I think that for some, their bad luck with their focus has left them with a bad taste in their mouth for not just Fords, but for NA cars in general.  I should take pictures of the $6000+ in bills I spent on my 85 Mazda in less than 2 years...and hey, that still wouldn't leverage what kind of car I would buy.  ANY car could potentially be a lemon...doesn't matter where it's from.
[right][snapback]156717[/snapback][/right]

I think that the bad taste in the mouths of people like myself who got unlucky and got a bad car is not with the car itself but with the lack of service from the dealer network in the GTA. I really liked the Focus and still think the MK1 Focus ZX3 is one of the best looking cars and I was willing to keep the car untill it fell apart, without a dealer that actually gave me curtious service without attitude I found it very difficult to keep the car.

Laterz :)
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS
K_OS,Nov 19 2005, 10:05 AM Wrote:
Drivesthebeast,Nov 19 2005, 08:34 AM Wrote:I think that for some, their bad luck with their focus has left them with a bad taste in their mouth for not just Fords, but for NA cars in general.  I should take pictures of the $6000+ in bills I spent on my 85 Mazda in less than 2 years...and hey, that still wouldn't leverage what kind of car I would buy.  ANY car could potentially be a lemon...doesn't matter where it's from.
[right][snapback]156717[/snapback][/right]

I think that the bad taste in the mouths of people like myself who got unlucky and got a bad car is not with the car itself but with the lack of service from the dealer network in the GTA. I really liked the Focus and still think the MK1 Focus ZX3 is one of the best looking cars and I was willing to keep the car untill it fell apart, without a dealer that actually gave me curtious service without attitude I found it very difficult to keep the car.

Laterz :)
[right][snapback]156720[/snapback][/right]

And that is unfortunate that the dealer can create such a shitty atmosphere that it may take another 25 years for you to buy another Ford. There are good dealers out there, but there are bad ones too.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Thats one thing that pisses me off the service I get from some of these dealership is damned crazy. I just gave you 25 grand for a car thats not even worth half that at least you could help a brotha out................nope they just him and haw and tell you everything is around 200 or 500 to repair. I find this everywhere though except for BMW where they actually treat you like your the s**t........sure you pay up the ass but at least you feel like king in there dealership, actually Volvos like that too.

You should see how scholded I got for taking a Nissan to a Ford dealership to get a 50,000 service check. I felt like I just got cought smoking on school property or something, then I had enought got up and told the bitch "I dont care. This is the last Nissan I buy and its because of you...........2 min later a manager is running up to me with free oil change coupons.........Fakkkkkkkkk you
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
I bought my FOfo because it was by far the BEST looking option of the bunch in it's class. I'm sure you'll all agree. Plus at the time, I wasn't rich like I am now. LOL
Yes, the Focus definitely has the looks department wrapped up.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
geez I laugh when people say this is better than that and I'll never buy this cause that is better.

Fact of the matter is that no matter what you buy from who ever makes it there are alway potential for issues. A worker could have had a rough night with the wife and been denied sex for the 3rd week in a row, comes in and the massive pain in his trousers is so intense that he forgets to tighten the nuts on your seats cause his nuts are way too tight....

there is a reason why lemon laws exist, it's to protect us the consumer and the only other form of protection we have is warrantees. BUY THEM cause if you do and things break then you're better off. Get bumper to bumper for as long as you can cause when stupid s**t starts failing then you're not as pissed off.

as an example my parent's chrysler minivan they got a 7 year warrantee, 5 of those were bumper to bumper, sure my dad paid out the ass for it but when anything went wrong with the van boom it was fixed, and I mean anything. Mind you this also matters on which dealer you buy it from but that is YOUR job as the consumer to educate yourself on not only the vehicle but also on the dealer. Call BBB find out whatever....

put simply no matter what you buy you could possibly be buying a lemon. so what are you going to do? start a thread about it?

:lol:

***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending