Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Side Panels
on a cd metallic focus sedan (silver), would black side panels look good with it or should you just leave them silver (the way it comes in a 04 zts)?

anyone know where you can buy black side panels for 04 focus zts?
Be the change you want to see in this world.
what do you mean but side pannels ? :huh:

Do you mean:

the door guards / rub trim on all 4 doors ?
the Interior door trim ?
the Window trim round all the glass of the doors ?
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
If you mean the bump strip things along the doors, I think they look better body color. So many ZX3 owners have gone to the trouble of painting them, and then some sedan guy wants to get them in black :P

The only sedans that came with black door moldings were the street edition and possibly some of the lowest trim-level early models. All the sedans, wagons and ZX5s got body colored moldings.. cant figure out why they didnt do it on the ZX3s (aside from the S2, SVT which have color matched, and the 05s which have no side moldings).
guilty,Dec 5 2005, 05:28 PM Wrote:If you mean the bump strip things along the doors, I think they look better body color.  So many ZX3 owners have gone to the trouble of painting them, and then some sedan guy wants to get them in black :P

The only sedans that came with black door moldings were the street edition and possibly some of the lowest trim-level early models.  All the sedans, wagons and ZX5s got body colored moldings.. cant figure out why they didnt do it on the ZX3s (aside from the S2, SVT which have color matched, and the 05s which have no side moldings).
[right][snapback]159446[/snapback][/right]

Yep that's what I mean. I guess you are right. The body color bump strips do look better but i just thought maybe if i had a set of black ones i could just interchange them whenever i wanted.....but i guess its not easy to just clip on and clip off the bump strips right?

cornflakes,Dec 7 2005, 02:35 PM Wrote:but i guess its not easy to just clip on and clip off the bump strips right?
[right][snapback]159830[/snapback][/right]

I believe they're just held on with double-sided tape and have some holes behind it for some kind of clip or something.

Although on the sedans they may not have holes, I swear I've seen a sedan that was missing the door molding and there were no holes behind it.
I'm going to be painting my black ones white to match the body... along with my door handles, and the rear hatch trim piece, and the lower rocker trim. The fact that they're black drives me nuts!
White 2001 ZX3
17" FRPP White Rally Wheels, KW Cup Kit (1.6"Wink, Progress 22mm Rear Sway, Short Ram Intake w/K&N Cone, Steeda 65mm TB, Ported 2k Manifold, FRPP 9mm Wires, MAC UDP, Clear Markers, OBX 4-1 Shorty Header, OBX ORP, FS Flex, 2nd Gen. MBRP Exhaust, FS/SCT Multi Chip

My Focus
My Photography
guilty,Dec 7 2005, 05:53 PM Wrote:
cornflakes,Dec 7 2005, 02:35 PM Wrote:but i guess its not easy to just clip on and clip off the bump strips right?
[right][snapback]159830[/snapback][/right]

I believe they're just held on with double-sided tape and have some holes behind it for some kind of clip or something.

Although on the sedans they may not have holes, I swear I've seen a sedan that was missing the door molding and there were no holes behind it.
[right][snapback]159851[/snapback][/right]

The new sedans dont have that strip./...( 2005 + )

Could be just the ST but I know its the new sedan!
microbunny,Dec 9 2005, 06:53 PM Wrote:The new sedans dont have that strip./...( 2005 + )

[right][snapback]160246[/snapback][/right]

Yeah man I know, I mentioned in my post that 05s dont have the molding strips.. but in the first post he says he has an 04 ZTS.

Now the real question is whether there are holes underneath the strips on the 04 ZTS. Dont know whether or not you like the look of the shaved door or prefer having the door moldings there..
guilty,Dec 9 2005, 11:53 PM Wrote:
microbunny,Dec 9 2005, 06:53 PM Wrote:The new sedans dont have that strip./...( 2005 + )

[right][snapback]160246[/snapback][/right]

Yeah man I know, I mentioned in my post that 05s dont have the molding strips.. but in the first post he says he has an 04 ZTS.

Now the real question is whether there are holes underneath the strips on the 04 ZTS. Dont know whether or not you like the look of the shaved door or prefer having the door moldings there..
[right][snapback]160260[/snapback][/right]

yes i have an 04 ZTS and the side moldings/strips are the same colour as the body of the car (cd metallic) which is nice......i just wanted to know if it was easy to buy black side strips (all the same size and shape just different colors...so the black strips on the 00-02 models should fit) and switch them whenever I wanted with the ones I have on now. It would be cool if they were easiliy interchangeable like cell phone face plates or ipod face plates lol.

Well yeah, you could interchange them from any color sedan (2000-04). They're all the same part..
Yeh..they would easy enough to change although i dont know why you'd wanna keep changing them...

also...I know for a fact that my old 2003 ZTS did not have holes in the doors..when i crashed it and they were putting on a new skin..I saw there was no hole before they stuck on the trim piece