Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frost's Facelift Project 70% Complete
Well it's time I did a little show for you guys, I got the remainder of the parts from Germany I was waiting for and well.... I spend the last 2 days with my brother in law installing them on the car before the sun went down, and today finished just as the snow storm was rolling in.....

New Key for the hood lock.... :D

[Image: 000_0229.jpg]

Before :

[Image: 000_0148.jpg]

After : New Sedan Tails :D

[Image: 000_0226.jpg]

Before:

[Image: 000_0152.jpg]

After:

[Image: 000_0227.jpg]
[Image: 000_0225.jpg]

Face Lift Headlights, if you guessed ST170's you would be correct, I also have the matching ST170 Grille I got off blackZX3 a few months ago :lol: :P

I'll take some better photo's when it stops snowing and the roads clear up so I canb wash the car and get some good shots. but here is the list of new items on the car now.

ST170 Headlights
ST170 Upper Grille
European Sedan / Saloon Rear Tail lights
CAI / Rad cover
Hood Lock with key

I get the fenders back in the new year and get the front lip attached when spring rolls in ( don't want to wreak it this winter like I did the last one ) but yeah I'll keep you all posted on my car's project.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
looks good!!
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
Needs more lift!
front end looks great. The tails are a little hard to tell the difference, but nice expensive toys indeed!
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
looks good frost, but IMO, keep the lip off, the car looks good as it is, that's only if the lip im thinking of is the xenon lip off your old bumper, if it's the euro lip..keep it comin!
Keep sis away from the snowbanks.
ANTHONYD,Dec 16 2005, 08:18 AM Wrote:Keep sis away from the snowbanks.
[right][snapback]161197[/snapback][/right]

Or, keep her out of the car altogether!

Looks really good man... now if you shift your DRLs to the city bulb or the fogs... presto, super-clean Focus.

Man, seeing that really makes me wanna sell both NA stocker sets of headlights and get the ST170s.

Super-pimp.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
why do u have the european locking fuel door key on your keychain and dont have the european fuel door on the car????
My other ride is your Mom
paolo,Dec 16 2005, 12:23 PM Wrote:why do u have the european locking fuel door key on your keychain and dont have the european fuel door on the car????
[right][snapback]161262[/snapback][/right]

As he stated that key is for the hood lock, not a fuel door....

Nice work Frost, I really like the front now with those headlights.
That looks killer! Nice subtle change to the back and a huge difference to the front end! Good job. Now show us how the hood lock works... :D
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
ahh, the hood lock uses same key as fuel door? Saweet!! nice work frosty! cant wait 2 c it
I always thought something looked different with the front of your car.... I guess it's missing the lip

I like that grill :)
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Hood Lock - Yeah I think I'm like the 2nd person on this site now that has one installed on the car, it works great and I find it keeps the hood closed more tighter compaired to the stock american one.

European Tail Lights - again I think other then 2001ZTS I'm like the second person here that has them on a sedan, I really fell in love with them when I saw them on his car and I had been thinking of them for a while and I finally got the funds together and got them, I have them set up perfectly other then the running light to the fog light is disconnected at the moment till I can get my hands on Euro headlight switch because then they will be hooked up.

Debbie ( my sister ) - she has not been driving my car since mid summer, mainly because I didn't want to cause any extra stress on her as she is pregnet with her 4th kid, and she is due just after christmas, so I don't plan on letting her try to learn / resume how to drive 5 speed till summer when the baby will be a little less stressful on her......

Front Lip - yeah I'm planning on reinstalling the Xenon lip to the car as it's part of the orginal stuff that came on the car when I got it, and I want to keep it some what true to it's orginal package, with the euro facelift of course... not to mention when I get the Euro rear on the car durring the summer I have to keep the rear too as there is only like 2 options for kits for Euro sedans on the market as far as I know of....

City Lights - Yes I have them hooked up with the power from the turn signels and they come one when the parking lights are on, I must admit they look cool when the car is off with the parking lights on, or high beams are on..... lol I kept the orange bulbs from the MK 1 headlights, I just took them out and popped them into the ST170's they kinda suit my car....

DRL's & St170's - I was thinking of putting them to the facelift foglights when I get them off mitch sometime in the new year, I was also thinking of putting in the yellow piaa's in there the fogs so the DRL's would be yellow..... but there is no way to hook them up to the city lights as far as I could see from all the wiring diagrams I was reading when I was setting up the harnes'es on the ST170's.... it was more or less hook them up this way only and that's it....

Upper Grille - yeah I like it too, I was thinking of a regular Ghia style of grille but I got it used and it was an ST170, so it was a bonus for me in the end I think, I have to pop off the surround and paint it to match the car, I'll do that more then likely myself when spring rolls in... :)

but yeah I'm happy the upper part of my car is done like I planned orginally, lol Although I went for the ST170's because on my friends car in Hawaii I didn't like how he has the normal facelift headlights on his car, I don't know I think it's because I hate seeing Crome on a yellow car, I think it looks too far out of place... not to mention the darker gray of the ST170's matches the black on the car already so when I was looking at lights it sorta became a no brainer as to why to get them.....
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
The ST-170 front looks great, are you getting the euro fenders too? That would complete the look. I'm thinkink about converting my ZX3 into a ST170. If only I had money for a wide body RS conversion.
Civic's sucks!

SEX is like math: add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and pray you don't multiply!
you want your City lights to function as your DRL's? just drop me a e-mail and i'll explain how to do it, im pm'ing u my email addy...
euro,Dec 22 2005, 10:25 AM Wrote:The ST-170 front looks great, are you getting the euro fenders too? That would complete the look. I'm thinkink about converting my ZX3 into a ST170. If only I had money for a wide body RS conversion.
[right][snapback]162008[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I am Euro, I have them at the body shop already, I pick them up in about 2 weeks or so, LOL it's kinda the busy season for body shops this time of the year and I'm getting such a huge discont because the guy who owns the shop is a buddy of my brother in law.
How did you get the front indicator lights to stay on with your low beams? I tried like 3 wiring configurations and didn't get mine to stay on. They only come on when I'm signalling to turn...

The ST 170's really do rule don't they? Only thing is, I get a lot of people flash their brights at me because the cutoff angles are higher than NA lights. Yes my lights were aimed...aimed on a machine at a Lincoln dealership.
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Drivesthebeast,Jan 8 2006, 09:10 PM Wrote:How did you get the front indicator lights to stay on with your low beams?  I tried like 3 wiring configurations and didn't get mine to stay on.  They only come on when I'm signalling to turn...

The ST 170's really do rule don't they?  Only thing is, I get a lot of people flash their brights at me because the cutoff angles are higher than NA lights.  Yes my lights were aimed...aimed on a machine at a Lincoln dealership.
[right][snapback]163862[/snapback][/right]

Yeah they rule.... I had to aim mine myself, I got the low beams a little lower so I'm not seeing as much flashing at me yet, but I have to re-adjust the high beams still, they seem a little too high still.

I didn't wire up the signels to stay on at all, I have the normal parking light wired to the city light, and the flash to the signels only. I'm kinda suprised that they do have a small reflective lines in the signel, I took the one photo with the flash so they sorta look like they are on. I think the other pic has the reflective shine from the camera angle.

I have better pic's in the from the street catagory. just click the link

More updated pic's page
thats cool, did you have to buy some sort of mechanism to have the key to work? I have a euro grille like yours what would i have to buy to get the key to work?
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....
My cousin in England priced me a Euro Grill, Lock Barrel and Key. He was quoted 44 Pound Sterling or about $90 Canadian. I have family making the trip soon. Is that a good price or should I source one here in Canada? If it is a good price is there anything else I would need?

What about turn signals? Are they in the Euro grill?

Also he is asking for the year and chassis # to order the kit. Is that really required to order these parts. I asked him to find me a used set but he can only source new. So he is going to the local Ford store. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frost's Front Facelift Project Now 95% Complete Frost__2001 10 3,083 02-04-2006, 04:51 AM
Last Post: Frost__2001
  2001 - 2002 Facelift Project Frost__2001 17 4,660 08-04-2005, 09:33 AM
  Frost's 2002 Facelift Bumper Project Frost__2001 22 7,083 07-08-2005, 03:39 PM