Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Svt Suspension
Finally started my SVT suspension kit install. Our Winnipeg weather has been unusually mild, so the garage wasn't that cold. :lol:

Yesterday I installed the new rear springs,shocks and sway bar. I lowered the rear arms ,not at the wheel end, but from the chassis frame mount. I realized that this is where you adjust the camber for the rear wheels. Hopefully the bolts are close to the original locations. Better get an alignment to be sure.

This weekend I will be tackling the front . Hate using those cheap coil spring compressors. :angry:
ManitobaMustang and Fords

ZX3 with SVT suspension,Ice Man CAI.

02 Mustang -asleep for the winter
Let me know if you need a hand Tony.
SVT ZX3,Jan 12 2006, 01:38 PM Wrote:Let me know if you need a hand Tony.
[right][snapback]164764[/snapback][/right]

Should be OK Paul, but if you want to check it out I will be working on it on Saturday morning. Just need the SVT wheels to complete the package,,,---er wonder where I could get a set :lol: :lol:

No wonder you were so willing to store them. :D
I am jealous man, I really want to the install my set of SVT suspension but I am having the infamous focus sized(sp?) rear arm. I have to wait still warm to have it cut. :angry:
2000 ZX3: KW coil-over/IceMan/FC UPD/Megaflow cat-back /energy bushing all over/Ported TB/home make ground wires

260000km and counting.....
Did the front SVT coils and struts today. Boy what a workout with the spring compressor. I recommend a good air gun for this, mine is crap. The passenger side lower control arm had to be disconnected from the ball joint to allow the strut assembly to come out. Strange that I did not have this problem on the driver side. The ride is a bit stiffer and more in control, definetly better. Car sits exactly 1/2 inch lower, but may settle lower in time.

The wife said. "I thought that we bought a new car so that we would not have to do this kind of stuff!"

Women rarely understand. :lol:

Yeah, I agree with what you mean...my gf thinks that it was dumb of me to do stuff to my car, and she used to think it's ugly....that is until she admitted that if she could have my car, she would take it, but lose the MBRP...she hates how loud it is all the time...

I like the SVT suspension, and it's VERY reasonably priced...I just went with the SHM setup because I wanted as close to a UK-spec ride in my car as I could get, and I did so successfully. That, and it lowers the car further than the SVT suspension. I just need to get some rims now too...

Lookin good though man!
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Glad to hear it went well Tony.
I'm getting a SVT upgrade too this february, my stock struts and shocks are gone :( I'm thinking of using my eibach pro springs with the the rest of the kit and sell the SVT springs. It would be wierd to lift the foci one inch! I wander how well the struts and shocks handle the eibachs springs.
Civic's sucks!

SEX is like math: add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and pray you don't multiply!