Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If You Bought Tim Horton's Shares Today..
you'd be 1/3rd times richer than you started off the day...

Quote:Shares in Tim Hortons up $10 to $37
Shares in Tim Hortons Inc. were up $10 - to more than $37 - in early trading Friday after the popular coffee-shop chain's highly promoted initial public stock offering.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

*smacks forhead repeatedly on desk*

F*** F*** F***
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
darkpuppet,Mar 24 2006, 04:47 PM Wrote:you'd be 1/3rd  times richer than you started off the day...

Quote:Shares in Tim Hortons up $10 to $37
Shares in Tim Hortons Inc. were up $10 - to more than $37 - in early trading Friday after the popular coffee-shop chain's highly promoted initial public stock offering.
[right][snapback]176751[/snapback][/right]

I bought 1000 shares.... my enzo dream just got that much closer!
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
if i had cash to throw at a stock...it would be that one!!!

Coffee is the most used drug in world!!!!!!

BAWHAHWHWHA
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
Oscar The Grouch,Mar 24 2006, 11:50 AM Wrote:*smacks forhead repeatedly on desk*

F*** F*** F***
[right][snapback]176753[/snapback][/right]

Is there room on that desk for my head?

I feel the same way, altho i don't really have the funny to buy an significant amount of shares, but i'm still kicking myself regardless.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Same here....dayum....hindsight is 20/20 for sure....would have been nice...
hardk0re,Mar 24 2006, 12:14 PM Wrote:Same here....dayum....hindsight is 20/20 for sure....would have been nice...
[right][snapback]176772[/snapback][/right]

I didn't buy any shares because I gave them all my money to get coffee. Damb I could have gave them money and got money and still enjoyed a coffee too.....bloody Murphy, gets me everytime.
Car Run Down for past 5 years:

Make / Model / Year / Status

Ford / Focus Sedan / 01 / STOLEN/WROTE OFF
Pontiac / Grand AM SE / 98 / STOLEN/Location still unknown
Dodge / SX 2.0 Sport / 04 / DRIVEWAY (lowjacked equip)

I HATE THIEVING PUNKS!!!!
(can the car gods make it three cars in a row to be stolen?)
Chances are you wouldn't have got any shares anyway. There was a waiting list for shares created months ago, they were all accounted for :(
"No, my sons name is also Bort!"
it was talked about for a long time. they highly anticipated the IPO's from coming months.. The good news, is if there trying to kick you out of a timmies parking lot for loitering, just pull out your shareholder papers and they'll leave u alone.
My other ride is your Mom
Bort,Mar 24 2006, 12:41 PM Wrote:Chances are you wouldn't have got any shares anyway.  There was a waiting list for shares created months ago, they were all accounted for :(
[right][snapback]176776[/snapback][/right]

yeah, I guess I should have clarified.. as in any majorly anticipated IPO, chances of joe-schmoe us getting shares on opening day are unlikely.

paolo,Mar 24 2006, 12:56 PM Wrote:The good news, is if there trying to kick you out of a timmies parking lot for loitering, just pull out your shareholder papers and they'll leave u alone.
[right][snapback]176778[/snapback][/right]

:lol: I hate when they do that!
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
yay all my stuff went down liek 10 cents today :( damnit!
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
makes me wish I had money for stocks

lol
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....
Geez, makes me wish I'd flipped my shares in Sun Life to get those Timmies shares <_< could have made enough coin to do some serious Focus modding & then some.

Then again the issue price of Sun Life Financial was $35 a share and I'm at $50 now so :P

NefCanuck
One angle on this whole thing is to buy Wendy's. see this article (strategy 2 specifically)
Gambling pays off. I had been hunting for a broker, next to impossible as most IMO are gobbled up by huge purchasers of new stock because they hope it will go throught the roof.
I bought 10000 shares. That's going to hep with the new house. And I am glad it paid off as I didn't tell the wife. SURPRISE!
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Mar 24 2006, 02:41 PM Wrote:Gambling pays off.  I had been hunting for a broker, next to impossible as most IMO are gobbled up by huge purchasers of new stock because they hope it will go throught the roof.
I bought 10000 shares.  That's going to hep with the new house.  And I am glad it paid off as I didn't tell the wife.  SURPRISE!
[right][snapback]176799[/snapback][/right]

good for you!

I shopped around to get in on this IPO, but missed it by a day or two... managing my own portfolio sucks sometimes.

wow, you bought 10000 shares in tim hortons?
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Yes, but I got in at $27/share and sold at $33. I'll still take it.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
wow... you made like 60k - fees...

impressive
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bought My Alltime Dream Car Today! *pics Added* 01-yellow-ZX3 41 18,882 04-25-2006, 01:23 PM
Last Post: 01-yellow-ZX3