Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mbrp.........rocks
Ohhh yeah folks....i got my exhaust to today....and I thought i would share my excitement with you all

Total time to install: 2 hours 15 mins. (cutting off the old one actually took most of the time.) Less than one hour to install the new one.

With the tinted windows i got done yesterday

[Image: Picture034.jpg]
[Image: Picture002.jpg]

Bye bye old one
[Image: Picture028.jpg]

Hellllllllllooooooooo nice and shiny
[Image: Picture026.jpg]
[Image: Picture024.jpg]
[Image: Picture025.jpg]
[Image: Picture030.jpg]
[Image: Picture032.jpg]

Honestly guys..this was a challenging go...i mean cutting the old one off...(mind you the angle grinders blade was dull as butter)....but well worth the aggravation. I'll post some audio later...just had a snow storm and get a decent run with it...stand by for that..

MBRP...........ROCKS.
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
Congrats on the upgrade!

Shiny is niceeee... :)
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
sound clips would be nice. Congrats on the install. I wish wish wish I had a hoist available to me. Jack stands suck.
hardk0re,Jan 27 2006, 12:04 AM Wrote:sound clips would be nice.  Congrats on the install.  I wish wish wish I had a hoist available to me.  Jack stands suck.
[right][snapback]167201[/snapback][/right]

Jack stands are still betting than doing it on a set of ramps. Man oh man did that ever suck.

MBRP is an awesome product tho, couldn't be happier with mine.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

habmann,Jan 26 2006, 11:17 PM Wrote:
hardk0re,Jan 27 2006, 12:04 AM Wrote:sound clips would be nice.  Congrats on the install.  I wish wish wish I had a hoist available to me.  Jack stands suck.

Jack stands are still betting than doing it on a set of ramps. Man oh man did that ever suck.

[right][snapback]167203[/snapback][/right]

Dude, a question for ya. Concerning the Tip...

You know that cut out for the exhaust in your rear bumper....did your exhaust line up perfectly or is it off center by a half inch????

Mine is and i can't figure out why...everything is tight...and i BELIEVE i've done everthing right.
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
Nice job...I had a hard time with my old exhaust too..I needed to cut everything!
Turbo arrived!
It might be a hatch exhaust "dip" cut issue, as neither Oscar or I had that issue with our sedans. You can use a few washers to realign it correctly if I remember right.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
When I installed mine, it lined up properly but I have the same "problem" you have (judging by the pics)-it looks a little droopy, like it could stand to be raised about 3/4" to sit closer to the cut out. Euro gives me a hard time about his "happy" exhaust!
Slimsride,Jan 27 2006, 12:02 AM Wrote:

You know that cut out for the exhaust in your rear bumper....did your exhaust line up perfectly or is it off center by a half inch????

Mine is and i can't figure out why...everything is tight...and i BELIEVE i've done everthing right.
[right][snapback]167206[/snapback][/right]
Looks nice, and even better with the tint. Congrats!
Slimsride,Jan 27 2006, 01:02 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]167206[/snapback][/right]

Ya i had the same prob, for whatever reason it seems to be a common problem. Like was mentioned just use a couple of washers a shim it, should work fine.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Here we go, wrote an email to MBRP last night, and got the answer right out of the horses mouth so to speak. So the mystery is solved.

Jamie

This system is a universal fit for the 00-05 ZX3/ZX5, now for the 05 all you have to do is shim the rubber 1/2 inch (re picture 1). Put 3 washers in between the rubber and the frame and it should shift it over for you, as I stated these systems are universal for the 00-05 ZX3/ZX5 and there is always some slight differences from the manufacturing (Ford) but like I said, it is a quick adjustment.

Thanks for getting in contact and enjoy the system!

Ed Roberts
CUSTOMER SERVICE
MBRP Inc
888-636-7223
Mods so far:
Here we go, wrote an email to MBRP last night, and got the answer right out of the horses mouth so to speak. So the mystery is solved.

Jamie

This system is a universal fit for the 00-05 ZX3/ZX5, now for the 05 all you have to do is shim the rubber 1/2 inch (re picture 1). Put 3 washers in between the rubber and the frame and it should shift it over for you, as I stated these systems are universal for the 00-05 ZX3/ZX5 and there is always some slight differences from the manufacturing (Ford) but like I said, it is a quick adjustment.

Thanks for getting in contact and enjoy the system!

Ed Roberts
CUSTOMER SERVICE
MBRP Inc
888-636-7223
Mods so far:
Question, was that tip part of the price for the kit or was that extra? (I'm looking at doing that upgrade in the spring and want to get an idea as to cost, though in my case it may involce labour charges too since ain't no way I can do it myself <_< )

NefCanuck
The tip is part of the package, but they might let one go.

Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NefCanuck,Jan 27 2006, 03:07 PM Wrote:Question, was that tip part of the price for the kit or was that extra? (I'm looking at doing that upgrade in the spring and want to get an idea as to cost, though in my case it may involce labour charges too since ain't no way I can do it myself <_< )

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]167261[/snapback][/right]

Drive down to Ottawa and I'll get it in for ya. Your looking at 80$ gas and whatever beers I can pound back in the install :P :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
or drive up to hunts ville which is less gas than ottawa and ed will probaly give it ot u for $20 bucks
My other ride is your Mom
paolo,Jan 27 2006, 03:08 PM Wrote:or drive up to hunts ville which is less gas than ottawa and ed will probaly give it ot u for $20 bucks
[right][snapback]167266[/snapback][/right]

Heh, yeah but at nearly $1 a litre again that's still gonna hurt :D (Not to mention the travel time, like 6 hours total, assuming no yahoos causing accidents on the way up :P)

NefCanuck
Flofocus,Jan 27 2006, 02:21 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jan 27 2006, 03:07 PM Wrote:Question, was that tip part of the price for the kit or was that extra? (I'm looking at doing that upgrade in the spring and want to get an idea as to cost, though in my case it may involce labour charges too since ain't no way I can do it myself <_< )

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]167261[/snapback][/right]

Drive down to Ottawa and I'll get it in for ya. Your looking at 80$ gas and whatever beers I can pound back in the install :P :lol:
[right][snapback]167263[/snapback][/right]

Hey, I'd rather you pounded back the brews after the install thanks :P (I've only ever seen my father try to do anything on a car once when he was drunk... t'wasn't a pretty sight :huh: )

NefCanuck
k, well find me a garage and I'll bring down my air compressor and tools then next time I come down in the summer. What happened to the ol' install days we used to have??

I'm still going to charge you beer though. :huh:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I'm up for an install day. I am picking up an MBRP exhust soon... do they do installs there too?
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending