Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foc Spends Big Bucks On Voice
BIG BUCKS SPENT – BUT WHAT DOES IT GET THEM?

One of the biggest expenses a manufacturer like Ford incurs is the cost of marketing and advertising … and those costs are reflected in the prices we pay for cars, parts and service – but is Ford getting good value for the money?

For example … to use Wayne Gretzky’s name, likeness and voice Ford of Canada spends more than $1 million per year. One could argue whether or not Gretzky sells more vehicles for them, but at least we know who he is and what he stands for.

However, Ford of Canada also spends more than $1 million a year for the anonymous voice of the FoC TV commercials (no name or likeness rights) … and so my question to you in the poll is this:

When watching Ford of Canada’s TV commercials do you even recognize the voice and does it make you feel any differently about their company or their product?

Please answer the poll before scrolling down to see everyone’s response … and if you think you know who it is post the answer in a reply.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
It's corporate cash, they can do as they please?

OTOH, Gretz is a Canadian icon. I'm sure they've gotten their money's worth from him and more.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
after he retired he whored himself out to anyone and everyone. Ford, Esso, Tylenol are just some companies that bent over for him.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
I have no idea, I hardly ever see ford commericals let alone this Focus commerical, which from wat people said on here is supposed to rock. If anyone has a link to somewhere on the net this baby can be seen I'd appreciate it.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
The only focus comercial i've seen is this one were it shows like 20 diffrent clips of people standing around looking up and thinking about their focus, and then it shows a focus for a split sec. i didn't see and hockey nut tho:?
Save points are for quiters
Tri_kento,Feb 5 2006, 09:02 PM Wrote:The only focus comercial i've seen is this one were it shows like 20 diffrent clips of people standing around looking up and thinking about their focus, and then it shows a focus for a split sec. i didn't see and hockey nut tho:?
[right][snapback]168585[/snapback][/right]

Nope ... not talking about Gretzky or hockey ... they pay another guy more than a million bucks a year just for his VOICE ... you never see him and you never know who it is (and not just Focus commercials - all Ford of Canada commercials)

Maybe I don't get it ... but for a company that sells fewer than 250,000 vehicles a year and is laying off people right and left - $1,000,000.00 just for a few anonymous voice-overs seems a bit extravagent.

s***e ... they made me work harder than that for the refund on my missing rear seat heat duct worth just $120
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

oh! well...that is rather gay. mmm, well maybe the guy is a well known voice actor? like the guy off the price is right that died a while back?
Save points are for quiters
Anyway ... the voice that Ford of Canada has spent $3,000,000.00 on over the past 3 years ... and is sure therefore to save them from market share oblivion, belongs to .......

[Image: keifer-sutherland.jpg]
Keifer Sutherland

thats who i thouhgt it was, i just havent seen one recently to double check, he actually is know quite well for his voice, im pretty sure he does other commercials too.

at least hes canadian!!!
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs