Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Hate Cars
this morning after getting my coffee at timmies, i hit a pot hole.

$135 for a new 17 inch Falken Tire
$95 to bend the rim back into place
...upon inspection i need to new pads and rotors

grand total sowhere in the $600 ball park range. Just when i thought i could throw a good chunk of change towards some debt, i get screwed again.

I love when life gives you a swift kick in the nads.
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
What happened to the tire? Not salvagable?
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
You may have some recourse with your municipality.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
scoobasteve,Feb 23 2006, 06:06 PM Wrote:What happened to the tire? Not salvagable?
[right][snapback]171896[/snapback][/right]

To tell ya the truth it has been giving me some trouble, maybe becuase its cold, but i find myself filling it up with air every week.

I was driving in the right lane and it was super choppy, then i heeard a big thump, the ones that sound like it hits your differential. and then thud-thud-thud...flat.

Lat year the saem thing happened on my sedan, and the city said to submit a letter and explain where it happened, and they would look into it and reimburse me for the new tire and rim repair.

That was this timne last year, havent seen a dime.
where did this happen.
'03 Focus SVT
FociPhil,Feb 23 2006, 12:05 PM Wrote:this morning after getting my coffee at timmies, i hit a pot hole.

$135 for a new 17 inch Falken Tire
$95 to bend the rim back into place
...upon inspection i need to new pads and rotors

grand total sowhere in the $600 ball park range. Just when i thought i could throw a good chunk of change towards some debt, i get screwed again.

I love when life gives you a swift kick in the nads.
[right][snapback]171894[/snapback][/right]

Dont you have a package policy?I bent my rims I payed my $50 and SGI payed for the rest. Rims fixed and 2 new tires.
FociPhil,Feb 23 2006, 01:33 PM Wrote:
scoobasteve,Feb 23 2006, 06:06 PM Wrote:What happened to the tire? Not salvagable?
[right][snapback]171896[/snapback][/right]

To tell ya the truth it has been giving me some trouble, maybe becuase its cold, but i find myself filling it up with air every week.

I was driving in the right lane and it was super choppy, then i heeard a big thump, the ones that sound like it hits your differential. and then thud-thud-thud...flat.

Lat year the saem thing happened on my sedan, and the city said to submit a letter and explain where it happened, and they would look into it and reimburse me for the new tire and rim repair.

That was this timne last year, havent seen a dime.
[right][snapback]171901[/snapback][/right]

If you kept the correspondence from your earlier claim, follow up with teh municipality. It may have gotten "lost" in the paperwork polka and a gentle reminder may get things back on track.

NefCanuck
(dreading some of the tire chompers he's seen forming on the 401 across the GTA <_< )
And who says winter beaters are a waste? :lol: :rofl:

Sorry, I knwo its sucks what happened.... I just think of some peoples comments when I see threads like this.

So glad my baby is nice and warm & tucked away. :wub:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
FocusGuy7476,Feb 23 2006, 06:40 PM Wrote:where did this happen.
[right][snapback]171902[/snapback][/right]

8TH ST...

going east towards circle drive, far right lane.

Jay, i dont think i have a package policy, i dont remember seeing anything, but ill double check.

Nate, your right. But im thinking out getting a beater for all year round, or just not having one at all. I looked at how much i made last year, and then what the cost of having vehicles are... :blink: ... i could have a nice down payment on a house.

I NEED TO GET RID OF MY CAR.
FociPhil,Feb 23 2006, 02:54 PM Wrote:
FocusGuy7476,Feb 23 2006, 06:40 PM Wrote:where did this happen.
[right][snapback]171902[/snapback][/right]

8TH ST...

going east towards circle drive, far right lane.

Jay, i dont think i have a package policy, i dont remember seeing anything, but ill double check.

Nate, your right. But im thinking out getting a beater for all year round, or just not having one at all. I looked at how much i made last year, and then what the cost of having vehicles are... :blink: ... i could have a nice down payment on a house.

I NEED TO GET RID OF MY CAR.
[right][snapback]171924[/snapback][/right]

I'll start the bidding at $ 8.00... In quarters! ... You deliver :lol:
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
you make it loonies, and we have a deal!

(i might be that desperate :lol:)
$10 and i'll pick it up

must be tough driving around on the falkins in the winter though
Below Average Car Club
In the summer I fell into a huge pot hole on the 401 at Westney Rd. I had to replace pretty much everything on the passenger side....control arm, stabilizer, strut, rim, tire...like I said, pretty much everything. Still waiting for the city to pay, wishful thinking I guess.
2002 Infra-red ZTS
Feel for ya man, that sucks big time.

We here in MTL drive with one eye on the traffic and one on the road surface....we HAVE TO, otherwise we'd not be able to drive really. Danged potholes are everywhere, and some of them are DEEP!! I've seen quite a few vehicles that have had a front wheel completely wrecked, and no-one knows how many accidents are caused by holes.

But then it's Quebec, and reknowned for bad roads.

Mike.
I HATE the /$*)!"/&|?&*() potholes here in Quebec!
Montreal is the worse to drive a lowered vehicle. :blink:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Regina's roads blow massive chunks dudes. Potholes, train tracks. General s***ty roads.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Gotta watch those bastard potholes. They sneak up on you... I counted 3 good-sized new ones last night on the way home from the mall alone!

Dodge man, dodge! But not the car... the maneuver! :D
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
schade,Feb 23 2006, 11:19 PM Wrote:$10 and i'll pick it up

must be tough driving around on the falkins in the winter though
[right][snapback]171972[/snapback][/right]

I have blizzak's on the front, one continential and now one falken on the back, it hasnt been to bad, becuase my drive to work is only a few km's...and the winter hasnt been to bad this year...

but on the few snow and ice days...i swind out the back nicely.

But on a lighter note. I went to pick up my car, and it looked brand new. I havent washed my car since november, and they made it look showroom condition.

I told them what my budget was, and they met it. Pretty much dropped the cost over $100.

Hats off to Kal-Tire on 8th St.
jcarle,Feb 23 2006, 08:20 PM Wrote:I HATE the /$*)!"/&|?&*() potholes here in Quebec!
[right][snapback]172015[/snapback][/right]
Yeah, last summer I was out there with a friend of mine. I couldn't believe how bad it was. I was glad we had her car not mine.
No name, Cheap and Slutty.

MMM Daddy Like