Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Long Or The Short
I'm considering a new air intake for my '02 wagon that is mainly driven on the highways of BC, so i don't think under-hood heat is a factor for a shorty. Any one out there in this part of the country have a long intake tube on their car and do you have any trouble with water or snow and slush. I really don't want to have to change systems depending on the season.
'02 Wagon
K&N Cone on Stock Tubing
Butchered Air-Box Bracket
Mothers Ulta High-Speed Wax
Dont recccomend the long cai durign winter but in rainy season it can only cause dmg if you get the filter fully submegered into water while hitting the gas. I have driven in rain storms and had no problems. I actualyl got a AEm clone / BOMZ CAI for sale. Trying to at least get $80 for it..
The way RACECARS get cool air is by tunneling it into the airbox/filter. Picking up a bigger filter or drop-in and running ducting into it will do a better job than one of those blingy CAI, AND you won't waste $300CDN.

I can never figure out why people want these for performance upgrades, except for 'the look'. Fine, if you're trying to score points at a show a red aluminum filter-on-a-stick is understandable.
I think arskicker just made a good point.

I also think alot of people don't know that they could do the same mod for even less than half the price. I personally have a AEM CAI but it's mostly for show. I guess you could say that the fit is also a big part of the $$ you spend on mods.

I think the fitment is a good think to keep in mind. I like bolting on MODS and not start drilling and cutting and welding.

my 2 cents !
14.5@93 (ZEX Wet 55Shot)
Im telling ya. BOMBZ cai is the perfect way to go if your not scared..You can even paint the thing if desired. Its the exact same thing as the AEM CAI. Even the welds suck to just like the AEM one LOL. They bust off just get them re welded back on.

Right now my setup is actually perfect with the RS front on. The filter is sitting rigth behind the opening so its getting blasted with air the whole time..