Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speedhut Guages
finally. after thinking i was hosed, i got my gauges today..and just finished installing them...

Before

[Image: Picture033.jpg]

After

[Image: Picture037.jpg]
[Image: Picture038.jpg]
[Image: Picture039.jpg]

Night shot...and holy s*** , are they bright....I Got the upgraded inverter....it has two colors, blue and green, and has a dimmer....should of used it....LOL

BLUE

[Image: Picture040.jpg]

GREEN

[Image: Picture041.jpg]
[Image: Picture042.jpg]

"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
Man those are pretty nice looking. Any pics of what the green color looks like. I've always been curious cuz everywhere on the speedhut website they show the blue color but never the green.

What was the install like? Pretty straght forward?
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

habmann,Mar 8 2006, 11:06 PM Wrote:Man those are pretty nice looking. Any pics of what the green color looks like. I've always been curious cuz everywhere on the speedhut website they show the blue color but never the green.

[right][snapback]174036[/snapback][/right]

install, straight forward..um.....almost. They say you can get this on WITHOUT Taking your needles off....i tried...now it tells you NOT to bend the plate too much...so i took them off, to make it just easier..HOWEVER....calibrating your gauges after is a bit of a whore. My temp guage indicates a bit higher than normal...my RPM guage indicates way lower than norm....my speed is...almost on the money..and my fuel gauge i'm not sure, i'll find out when my idiot light comes on.

ADVICE...fill your gas tank prior to install...LOL

Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
Slimsride,Mar 8 2006, 11:15 PM Wrote:
habmann,Mar 8 2006, 11:06 PM Wrote:Man those are pretty nice looking. Any pics of what the green color looks like. I've always been curious cuz everywhere on the speedhut website they show the blue color but never the green.

install, straight forward..um.....almost. They say you can get this on WITHOUT Taking your needles off....i tried...now it tells you NOT to bend the plate too much...so i took them off, to make it just easier..HOWEVER....calibrating your gauges after is a bit of a whore. My temp guage indicates a bit higher than normal...my RPM guage indicates way lower than norm....my speed is...almost on the money..and my fuel gauge i'm not sure, i'll find out when my idiot light comes on.

[right][snapback]174037[/snapback][/right]
Yah your tach needle looks way to damn low its into the shift light which is just way wrong. If you want I can get a picture of the needle in the off position to give you a reference to realign yours.

EDIT ....ahh nm I do see already you have the reference of it. Lol. I think this woulda been easier to leave the needles on, I don't think bending it that much will kill it.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Phantom,Mar 8 2006, 11:32 PM Wrote:
Slimsride,Mar 8 2006, 11:15 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]174037[/snapback][/right]
Yah your tach needle looks way to damn low its into the shift light which is just way wrong. If you want I can get a picture of the needle in the off position to give you a reference to realign yours.

EDIT ....ahh nm I do see already you have the reference of it. Lol. I think this woulda been easier to leave the needles on, I don't think bending it that much will kill it.
[right][snapback]174039[/snapback][/right]

yeah funny i JUST noticed i had a reference picture...DOH'...oh well, i'll do it another time...
Mods so far:
Nice guages and all, but now does it not limit the people you can sell your car to?

*For Sale...2005 Focus ZX5, MBRP, lowering springs, CAI, unique custom lighting and guages, buyer must be SLIM!* :lol:
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
Wow they do look great. How long did it take to install? Now I am super excited to get mine, I can hardly wait.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Looks awesome! Can't wait to get mine neither!
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
dBlast,Mar 9 2006, 04:32 AM Wrote:Nice guages and all, but now does it not limit the people you can sell your car to?

*For Sale...2005 Focus ZX5, MBRP, lowering springs, CAI, unique custom lighting and guages, buyer must be SLIM!* :lol:
[right][snapback]174046[/snapback][/right]

Oh come on now, they could use liquid paper, then use a crayon to personalize it
Mods so far:
looks really good man.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Nice guages but yow are they bright :blink:

If I do guages I'm going inverted EL. I'd be getting a facetan with that setup :D

NefCanuck
dBlast,Mar 9 2006, 10:32 AM Wrote:Nice guages and all, but now does it not limit the people you can sell your car to?

[right][snapback]174046[/snapback][/right]

no fat chicks.. must be slim!

:ph34r:
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Our group buy guages were pick up today in buffalo. I am going to pick them up from Ken tomorrow night. I can't wait to see them in person. I am probably going to do the install this weekend some time. Anything you had trouble with other than the needles?

Looking forward to seeing them installed. I will post pic's once I have them in.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Focus man, Focus.,Mar 15 2006, 02:47 PM Wrote:Our group buy guages were pick up today in buffalo.  I am going to pick them up from Ken tomorrow night.  I can't wait to see them in person.  I am probably going to do the install this weekend some time.  Anything you had trouble with other than the needles? 

Looking forward to seeing them installed.  I will post pic's once I have them in.
[right][snapback]174989[/snapback][/right]

nope, needles were the only hurdle to overcome

i will add, you WILL have to remove your trip reset button....just pull straight out...
Mods so far:
for everyone that was in the group buy, who is changing the LCD colour to match the gauges? my gauge is going to be blue so I am opting for the blue LCD.

If anyone needs how to here is a good one... although it does lack pics.

gauge install

I can't seem to find the one for the LCD display though :(

***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
I met Ken at a Timmies and picked mine up... they look sweet! B) I thought the dimmer switch was larger than that... and I knew the upgraded inverter was smaller... this is awesome. It'll look sweet next to my bass controller in the cd holder glovebox.

[Image: IMG_8127.jpg]

I'm having them put in on Friday, assuming all goes as planned. :unsure:

EDIT: And no, i'm not gonna bother with the LCD screen colour... it's fine in green, for now.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
WOW!!! :D they are nice.....Now im :angry: that i didn't order gauges for my ride F*^K
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]
It looks good! I little to bright for me, but it's nice.
Civic's sucks!

SEX is like math: add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and pray you don't multiply!
nass,Mar 15 2006, 04:11 PM Wrote:I can't seem to find the one for the LCD display though :(
[right][snapback]175014[/snapback][/right]

Josh Wardell has a great how-to on guage installation here:
http://www.jwardell.com/focus/guages.html

and he also gives a little how-to link for changing the odometer color here:
http://www.jwardell.com/focus/guageslcd.html

There are people who have used a small piece of EL material (the electro-luminescent stuff the guages are made of) as the backing of the odometer. I tried doing this and it worked great and looked awesome for a day, but now it doesnt light up. I have yet to tear my cluster apart again though to fix it (mainly since I'm lazy).. the EL stuff is really testy if you try to bend it at all.
Tiketz,Mar 15 2006, 05:18 PM Wrote:WOW!!! :D  they are nice.....Now im  :angry:  that i didn't order gauges for my ride F*^K
[right][snapback]175019[/snapback][/right]

Maybe we can get another group of us together? (I have to pass a doctor's exam in a week before I decide to do anything like that)

NefCanuck