Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aftermarket Bulbs For The Oem Headlights
Ass - what's the part number for the Eurolites for the Focus?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
There is no part number, just ask for your size, eurolite only makes one style of bulb for h4's isn't it?
Run your car, not your mouth
Ass,Jun 14 2004, 01:50 PM Wrote:I ran eurolites for close to a year before one burnt out on me. I bummed one of don's old ones off him, before I bought two new ones cause these tend to burn out one at a time.

I also had eurolite fogs. They lasted over a year, and I broke one when I was taking my fog light housings off to sell them when I got my new front end.

I still have one eurolite bulb if anyone local needs one....
ya you owe me a blub <_<
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Ass,Jun 14 2004, 03:22 PM Wrote:There is no part number, just ask for your size, eurolite only makes one style of bulb for h4's isn't it?
Ask for our size??? Sorry man, but I'm clueless when it comes to aftermarket shiat half the time. I found the Silverstars tonight at Crappy Trash, 28 bucks a pop.

The counter monkeys were busy, so this server monkey went home empty-handed :D :lol:

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Just ask for H4's.... I think...
Run your car, not your mouth
Ass,Jun 14 2004, 11:56 PM Wrote:Just ask for H4's.... I think...
That's right. You can get them in OEM wattage or higher.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
if you go higher than OEM wattage get a heavy duty wiring harness and use dielectric grease on the connectors.. using dielectric grease even with stock bulbs probably isn't too bad of an idea either
naz,Jun 19 2004, 05:55 PM Wrote:if you go higher than OEM wattage get a heavy duty wiring harness and use dielectric grease on the connectors.. using dielectric grease even with stock bulbs probably isn't too bad of an idea either
Agreed. You'd be surprised, but the stock harnesses melt VERY easily. I ran stock bulbs on high beam for an hour once out in the country and my harnesses began to melt.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Maybe you can try the coolblue from Cantire, very white, cheap and the most important thing is legal.
2000 ZX3: KW coil-over/IceMan/FC UPD/Megaflow cat-back /energy bushing all over/Ported TB/home make ground wires

260000km and counting.....
if its sylvania 'coolblue' i tried that already and it looks just as cool as the OEM bulbs.. tried one 'coolblue' and one OEM side by side.. no difference

with a filament based bulb only way to get more light output is higher wattage, only way to make it look more 'bluish, or whitish' is to tint, which reduces light output

besides, everyone can tell the difference between poser tinted bulbs and a real arc discharge setup

save the money and don't bother with anything that advertises an improvement in 'color output'.. its just marketing designed to take money from people who don't know any better..

take it from me.. i wasted money on that stuff too.. it doesn't work. i should have saved the money and gotten arc discharge from the start instead of wasting money on different bulbs and then getting the MACH lights
So I need different harnesses for the Silverstars?

Ack, with everything going on right now, I'll just wait till after the car is right.

you should use a heavy duty wiring harness if the bulb has higher wattage than stock.

you probably don't need to go with a different harness if they are rated at stock wattage, but some dielectric grease at the connection point probably isn't a bad idea to reduce the chance of the bulb fusing to the connector
naz,Jun 21 2004, 05:41 PM Wrote:i should have saved the money and gotten arc discharge from the start
You would have had to gone thru a lot of bulbs to equate the cost of HID's. :P
2000 Black ZX3
i didn't EQUAL the cost of HIDs but i mean.. its still money down the tubes

cheap ass eurolites $20usd
sylvania 'coolblue $8usd
PIAA 90w 'hyperwhite' $60usd
heavy duty wiring harness $40usd
dielectric grease $5usd
2 sets of generic 100w bulbs $20usd

that's $153usd right there.. when the MACHs were at their very cheapest that was almost 1 side right there...

that said.. the only real waste there was the PIAAs, eurolites and coolblue (pretty much all the crap tinted stuff)... the dielectric grease, 100w bulbs and wiring harness IMHO were money well spent.. OEM wattage is 55w or 60w right? so that's almost double the light output for $65usd. and its an actual improvement, not marketing hype.. more wattage + no tint = more light..

EDIT: spelling pwns me

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aftermarket Headlights, Etc.. mysterygirl 9 3,136 08-27-2004, 05:37 PM
Last Post: tdot-zx3