Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speedhut Guages
habmann,Mar 19 2006, 01:03 PM Wrote:I could, but i haven't decided what color lighting i'm gonna go with inside the car. Right now i've got grean leds and neon, but i might switch it to blue this summer. So i'll just hold off on gauges til i decide on that.
[right][snapback]175786[/snapback][/right]

Remember that the Speedhut guages are switchable from Blue to a Teal Green. The green is a little darker than the blue. I prefer the blue but now I have to start switching my dash lights to blue LED's. I will start with a deck. Anyone switch there lights to change the green to blue?
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Anyone switch there lights to change the green to blue?
[right][snapback]175792[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I changed all the LED lights from green to red. I can help ya out :D
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]
habmann,Mar 19 2006, 06:03 PM Wrote:[quote=PerfectSaiyan,Mar 19 2006, 11:38 AM][quote=Slimsride,Mar 19 2006, 07:13 AM][quote=PerfectSaiyan,Mar 18 2006, 12:37 PM]

I could, but i haven't decided what color lighting i'm gonna go with inside the car. Right now i've got grean leds and neon, but i might switch it to blue this summer. So i'll just hold off on gauges til i decide on that.

well, the speedhut gauges display in blue AND green, so whetever your colour scheme it will fit.
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....
PerfectSaiyan,Mar 19 2006, 03:32 PM Wrote:well, the speedhut gauges display in blue AND green, so whetever your colour scheme it will fit.

[right][snapback]175800[/snapback][/right]

Ya this is true but if i'm staying with green, then i don't really need to change my gauges cuz they're already green.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

PerfectSaiyan,Mar 19 2006, 08:32 PM Wrote:
habmann,Mar 19 2006, 06:03 PM Wrote:
PerfectSaiyan,Mar 19 2006, 11:38 AM Wrote:
Slimsride,Mar 19 2006, 07:13 AM Wrote:
PerfectSaiyan,Mar 18 2006, 12:37 PM Wrote:I could, but i haven't decided what color lighting i'm gonna go with inside the car. Right now i've got grean leds and neon, but i might switch it to blue this summer. So i'll just hold off on gauges til i decide on that.

well, the speedhut gauges display in blue AND green, so whetever your colour scheme it will fit.
[right][snapback]175800[/snapback][/right]

fixt
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
[Image: IMG_8150Medium.jpg]

Finally a pic...
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
Looks good dude. Just gotta change the color of the odometer now. I think theres a link to how to change it somewhere.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

euro_zx5,Mar 20 2006, 09:31 AM Wrote:[Image: IMG_8150Medium.jpg]

Finally a pic...
[right][snapback]175880[/snapback][/right]

That is a great shot.

there is a link to change the ODO, I might do it I havent really decided yet, I guess it would look more colour co-ordianted with it like that.

but enough of that!

is this how you people wired it?

[Image: wire1.jpg]

I was thinking the exact same thing! nice angle. Has anyone tried to change the colour of the needles??
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
on my inveter I have like 4 plugins to plug it into the gauges, what the heck am I supposed to do with the other 3?

nass,Mar 21 2006, 01:34 AM Wrote:I was thinking the exact same thing! nice angle.  Has anyone tried to change the colour of the needles??
[right][snapback]176033[/snapback][/right]

yes I have, I put red tailigh lens repair tape on the light bulbs, then I also coloured the needles red with a red sharpie!

needles to say it turned some of the outside of the gaugeface red so I am not to happy about that!

PerfectSaiyan,Mar 21 2006, 01:35 AM Wrote:on my inveter I have like 4 plugins to plug it into the gauges, what the heck am I supposed to do with the other 3?

nass,Mar 21 2006, 01:34 AM Wrote:I was thinking the exact same thing! nice angle.  Has anyone tried to change the colour of the needles??
[right][snapback]176033[/snapback][/right]

yes I have, I put red tailigh lens repair tape on the light bulbs, then I also coloured the needles red with a red sharpie!

needles to say it turned some of the outside of the gaugeface red so I am not to happy about that!
[right][snapback]176034[/snapback][/right]

any pics of what it looks like? and does it still light up? I haven't seen anyone colour the needles but I have seen people change the film in the back of the gauge though
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
^^ no I havent installed it yet, ive been way to lazy to actually take the dashboard apart and put the gauges in.. but i have done EVERYTHING else my breaks at work would permit haha.

anyone on the wiring? wondering if I am doing the right thing!

PerfectSaiyan,Mar 20 2006, 09:35 PM Wrote:on my inveter I have like 4 plugins to plug it into the gauges, what the heck am I supposed to do with the other 3?[right][snapback]176034[/snapback][/right]

I think this is the info you're looking for ......

SpeedHut website Wrote:Our Upgraded 2 color Inverter controls the brightness and color of our EL-GLO Dials. This inverter has a switch that changes the color of the EL-GLO Dial from Blue to Green. *Please note this change is more evident on White and Silver dial colors. This inverter has 4 connections to connect up to 4 el-glo dials. If you require more connections, check out our splitter wire in accessories. This inverter will also create a brighter GLO on our larger dials than the Standard Inverter.

2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
ZTWsquared,Mar 28 2006, 03:14 AM Wrote:
PerfectSaiyan,Mar 20 2006, 09:35 PM Wrote:on my inveter I have like 4 plugins to plug it into the gauges, what the heck am I supposed to do with the other 3?[right][snapback]176034[/snapback][/right]

I think this is the info you're looking for ......

SpeedHut website Wrote:Our Upgraded 2 color Inverter controls the brightness and color of our EL-GLO Dials. This inverter has a switch that changes the color of the EL-GLO Dial from Blue to Green. *Please note this change is more evident on White and Silver dial colors. This inverter has 4 connections to connect up to 4 el-glo dials. If you require more connections, check out our splitter wire in accessories. This inverter will also create a brighter GLO on our larger dials than the Standard Inverter.
[right][snapback]177474[/snapback][/right]

oh, so if I bought a gauge face from speedhut, then a boost gauge and afr and oil I would have the extra connectors!

wow im jelous i wish i saw this group buy before i really like them
PerfectSaiyan you said we can still use the promotion code ill be sure to pm you for details
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
ZX3_2NV,Apr 4 2006, 02:27 PM Wrote:wow im jelous i wish i saw this group buy before i really like them
PerfectSaiyan you said we can still use the promotion code ill be sure to pm you for details
[right][snapback]179010[/snapback][/right]

Count me in!! :)
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]
SO I finally picked up my gauges from ZTW and had some spare time on Saturday and since everyone was at Darkpuppet's place working on his gauges I had to install it myself :P install went fine. You don't have to remove the needles but you have to be very careful if you're doing the slide over trick. tried to change the LCD to blue but it's too dark to notice it. I'll have to redo it which is fine by me since I need to do the needles anyways.

[Image: IMG_6996.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6999.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7012.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7008.jpg]

I also did some painting, I was hoping the gauges would match the trim pieces better but it's close enough.

[Image: IMG_7001.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7003.jpg]
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Looks good man, great job. What paint did you use on the door panels? I like the colour contrast between the 2 panels. Are you going to change all the LED's on the dash board switches like me? I will give you pointers if you need them.

Nice work.

Check out my thread HERE.