Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focus Sport's Turbo Duratec Project Car
the dyno chart says it all...
[Image: fsturbo_duratec_350.jpg]

on 91 octane.. I sooo want one...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Wow :blink: I wonder how close they could get to those numbers with the 2.0L Duratec?

NefCanuck
:D :D God, that is simply awsome.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Thats awesome. Makes me wish I had the 2.3 Duratec instead of the Zetec.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

habmann,Apr 6 2006, 10:17 AM Wrote:Thats awesome. Makes me wish I had the 2.3 Duratec instead of the Zetec.
[right][snapback]179393[/snapback][/right]

well, considering that this engine is running low compression hardware, I think you could do the same with the zetec, but you'd be introducing a little bit more turbo lag.

I wish I had the money for a built motor...

darkpuppet,Apr 6 2006, 10:21 AM Wrote:I wish I had the money for a built motor...
[right][snapback]179395[/snapback][/right]

Cosworth rods are on sale from FS for $499USD
Cosworth pistons are $749....yikes.

Cant wait for that garage and storing the fofo next winter. :D :D
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
So that's what a 12-15K worth of mods and time, that's not really that impressive.

When you build a bullet proof motor and tune it correctly it should make big power, but that's just far too much money for only 350 HP.
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?
Euro Ford Fan,Apr 6 2006, 10:40 AM Wrote:So that's what a 12-15K worth of mods and time, that's not really that impressive.

When you build a bullet proof motor and tune it correctly it should make big power, but that's just far too much money for only 350 HP.
[right][snapback]179404[/snapback][/right]

no kidding...

there comes a point tho, where I'd say, "if I had the money to blow, a 350HP focus would be hella fun".

Of course i would already have a G35 and Saturn Sky at that point.

darkpuppet,Apr 6 2006, 10:23 AM Wrote:"if I had the money to blow, a 350HP focus would be hella fun".

Yeah but then all you would have to do is spend 5G with Tom to get more than that power.
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?
Impressive HP #. But I don't have much interest in a 350HP FWD car.
2000 ZX3: KW coil-over/IceMan/FC UPD/Megaflow cat-back /energy bushing all over/Ported TB/home make ground wires

260000km and counting.....
Euro Ford Fan,Apr 6 2006, 11:41 AM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Apr 6 2006, 10:23 AM Wrote:"if I had the money to blow, a 350HP focus would be hella fun".

Yeah but then all you would have to do is spend 5G with Tom to get more than that power.
[right][snapback]179414[/snapback][/right]

but then it wouldn't be 91 pump gas.

That is a sweet amount of HP...putting it up in the realm of the SRT and WRX and whatnot, and in a lighter vehicle than either of them to boot...sweetness...

I'd do that to a Wagon, but only if it was for less dough...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Beings thats the same motor in the Fusion, I wonder if anyone will try to install that kit in it. THose are some pretty swweet numbers.
laidman,Apr 6 2006, 02:06 PM Wrote:Beings thats the same motor in the Fusion, I wonder if anyone will try to install that kit in it.  THose are some pretty swweet numbers.
[right][snapback]179437[/snapback][/right]

Imagine if someone made a kit for the 3.0L. :blink:
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Oscar The Grouch,Apr 6 2006, 02:23 PM Wrote:
laidman,Apr 6 2006, 02:06 PM Wrote:Beings thats the same motor in the Fusion, I wonder if anyone will try to install that kit in it.  THose are some pretty swweet numbers.
[right][snapback]179437[/snapback][/right]

Imagine if someone made a kit for the 3.0L. :blink:
[right][snapback]179440[/snapback][/right]
i can only dream.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
must change pants :o
Apparently it's next to impossible to put anything in the engine bay of a Fusion...well, the 3.0L anyways...I've looked, and I agree, you'd be hard-pressed to even fit a CAI in there.

Waiting to see if the Fusion ST or SVT comes out in the next 18 months...3.5L with 250-275hp on tap....nice...

Still think the HP figures on that FS Foci is sweet azz
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
man I'm just mad that the 2.3l motor wasn't an option when I picked up my car. Only the sedan had that option for the 2.3 duratec
hopefully it will produce some good tracks times and not just be a dyno queen.

not only to mention its not that impressive since there are 2.0L focus motors producing that same power.
Quote:Imagine if someone made a kit for the 3.0L.  :blink:
[right][snapback]179440[/snapback][/right]

Go call up Noble and get a engine from them :D They use duratec's 3.0L in their cars
My Mom Says I'm Special

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Turbo Project Update SmokeBCBuDZ 57 16,639 02-07-2008, 06:06 AM
Last Post: SmokeBCBuDZ