Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got Me A Sub
Finally got some boom to put into my car, picked me up a 10" Infinity 1030W, Sealed Box and a Coustic 401DB amp.

I never heard of Coustic, the amp does look pretty cool and has some cool carbon fiber over the heatsinks.

Anybody here have any experience with Coustic? Are they kind of the bargain basement amps like pyramid junk? The amp was DIRT cheap, looked cool, it was a good ebay deal.

not familar with it, got any specs?
*** 2000 Street Edition Sedan Album ***
(May Your New Owner Love You As I Did)
Turns out its actually a 400SE, 2 channel instead of a mono amp....

I've talked to a few shops in my search to get a decent price on 4 gauge, and coustic doesn't have the greatest of ratings based on the shops. But of course they didn't carry coustic and would rather sell me a Rockford Amp.

Its a 400 Watt Amp with 0.2% THD when bridged, it doesn't sound that bad. It hits the 10" Infinity pretty hard.

This amp will have to do until I get something better.

As for installation, if you've got an autio its hella easy to get through that firewall, right where the clutch would go there is a quick spot to get right through.

Next step would be to remove my UDP :D

Finished my Install, the amp just barely fits on the sub box, for a 10" it sounds pretty good.

Pic 1
Pic 2

For a $100 setup its pretty damn nice.
Do you guys who put there amp on the sub box ever have any problems with the amp and vibration? I.E. stuff in your amp vibrating loose.
Black 2001 ZX3-Panasonic H/U, Kenwood amp (don't know how many watts), 10" RF Punch sub (good enough for the music I listen to)
Falken ZIEX ZE-512's
I have had my amp mounted to my sub box for over a year and no problems. Well, it was mounted.... :(

But that amp you can find at walmart...
Run your car, not your mouth
Rob,Jul 21 2004, 09:13 PM Wrote:Do you guys who put there amp on the sub box ever have any problems with the amp and vibration? I.E. stuff in your amp vibrating loose.
I have had my amps mounted to my box since 97. Same MTX blue thunder amps, same box. Never a problem with the amps and I abused them. As I traded in cars I would just swap out the whole setup to the next car.