Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From Green To Blue
u can do it to the 05's too cuz i changed mine to red leds months ago
E.O MASIV
Frost__2001,Apr 9 2006, 11:09 PM Wrote:Where did you get the led from / cost ? I'm thinking of doing the stereo in my focus as I've seen some for sale on the UK e-bay, not to mention the lights, and headlight switch too... I just don't care for the orange rear fog light button..... not to mention I'd want to colour match the lights to what they are on my car now.....
[right][snapback]180201[/snapback][/right]

I picked up the LED's from a place called A1 Electronics on North Queen St here in Etobicoke. It is right near Sherway Gardens and Wal Mart. As for the cost the blue ones are most expensive, about $1.50 each. Not sure about the other colours but Ticketz or 05blackZX5 may be able to answer that. As for the defrost switch, I took the one I bought off you apart and I am not even going to try and solder new LED's in there. The circut panel is attached to the housing and the LED's are different than in the window/headlight switches. I may find an electronics repair shop to do that one for me.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Focus man, Focus.,Apr 10 2006, 10:44 AM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Apr 9 2006, 11:09 PM Wrote:Where did you get the led from / cost ? I'm thinking of doing the stereo in my focus as I've seen some for sale on the UK e-bay, not to mention the lights, and headlight switch too... I just don't care for the orange rear fog light button..... not to mention I'd want to colour match the lights to what they are on my car now.....
[right][snapback]180201[/snapback][/right]

I picked up the LED's from a place called A1 Electronics on North Queen St here in Etobicoke. It is right near Sherway Gardens and Wal Mart. As for the cost the blue ones are most expensive, about $1.50 each. Not sure about the other colours but Ticketz or 05blackZX5 may be able to answer that. As for the defrost switch, I took the one I bought off you apart and I am not even going to try and solder new LED's in there. The circut panel is attached to the housing and the LED's are different than in the window/headlight switches. I may find an electronics repair shop to do that one for me.
[right][snapback]180221[/snapback][/right]

The Hvac LEDs are SMD ( surface mounted diode ) if I remember correctly. The HVAC are the more difficult to replace to I'll try to find you the How-To for it.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
nass,Apr 10 2006, 06:42 AM Wrote:The Hvac LEDs are SMD ( surface mounted diode ) if I remember correctly. The HVAC are the more difficult to replace to I'll try to find you the How-To for it.
[right][snapback]180226[/snapback][/right]

That would be great. I have looked but I didn't find one. But if you know where one is I will use it. I need to pick up some more LED's so I will deffinately use them.

EDIT: I have forund the how to on focusfanatics.com. It was hard to find, a lot of linking and such, but I did find it. I am going to atempt to do the HVAC once I pick up some more LED's.

On another note, Does anybody have a wiring diagram for the rear power window switches? My rear passenger switch does not light up, and I wanted to know which wire provided the power to the light. I can probe the other switches to figure it out but knowing which wire it should be would help.

Thanks in advance.

Ok so now I have started on my A/C and Defrost buttons. Now thatr I found the how too on the other site I have embarked on the task. I have the circut board out of the housing and these LED's look different. I think these are called surface mounted diodes. These are not round or soldered thru the board. See the photos below. Has anyone replaced these before? The LED's aren't as big as the ones in the window or headlight switch and they seem to butt up to a clear plastic shaft for the light to pass thru. What should I replace these with? Can I buy similar LED's. I am going to A1 tomorrow to ask.
[Image: 2193703_47_full.jpg]
[Image: 2193703_48_full.jpg]

The little jewlers screwdrivers are pointing to the small LED's in question.

Focus man, Focus.,Apr 11 2006, 03:02 AM Wrote:Ok so now I have started on my A/C and Defrost buttons.  Now thatr I found the how too on the other site I have embarked on the task.  I have the circut board out of the housing and these LED's look different.  I think these are called surface mounted diodes.  These are not round or soldered thru the board.  See the photos below.  Has anyone replaced these before?  The LED's aren't as big as the ones in the window or headlight switch and they seem to butt up to a clear plastic shaft for the light to pass thru.  What should I replace these with?  Can I buy similar LED's.  I am going to A1 tomorrow to ask.

The little jewlers screwdrivers are pointing to the small LED's in question.
[right][snapback]180395[/snapback][/right]

Quote: ac defrost button/radio use smd 3.2mm-->plcc2 led(same exact size of stock led).

that's what I found at fj.. some good reading to be had here as well: FJ LED thread
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
another FJ thread

OMG double poast!
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
nass,Apr 10 2006, 10:27 PM Wrote:another FJ thread

OMG double poast!
[right][snapback]180400[/snapback][/right]

Thats great nass, thank you. That was what I was looking for. I am going to A1 Electronics at lunch today and I will see what I can pick up. I am going to grab some more 3mm LED's to finish off my door lock switches as well.

Ok, just back from lunch and A1 did not have any blue SMD's. He said I would have to order them form the USA. Does anyone here know of an electronic's shop that may have these very small Surface Mount Diodes?

I did get some more 3mm LED's to do the rest of what I want to do. So I will keep you posted.

Focus man, Focus.,Apr 11 2006, 05:28 PM Wrote:Ok, just back from lunch and A1 did not have any blue SMD's.  He said I would have to order them form the USA.  Does anyone here know of an electronic's shop that may have these very small Surface Mount Diodes? 

I did get some more 3mm LED's to do the rest of what I want to do.  So I will keep you posted.
[right][snapback]180463[/snapback][/right]

if you're not in a hurry just Ebay them.
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Ok I haven't got a line on the SMD's yet but I have started on lighting up my door lock switches. I have taken them out and removed the stock LED that Ford installed and never wired up. I have installed the new blue LED and a new resistor and I am now ready to wire them up to the power in the window switches. I will post up some photos tomorrow night once it is all complete.

BTW- the switches for the door locks are basicly the same as the power window switches. Just in case anyone cares. :blink:

I do ! I've always wanted to hook them up lol :D
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Frost__2001,Apr 13 2006, 02:09 PM Wrote:I do ! I've always wanted to hook them up lol  :D
[right][snapback]181075[/snapback][/right]

Ok this is the HOW TO light up the door lock switches.
I can't seem to find the thread on how to change the LED's from stock to whatever colour you want. I will keep searching and post the link once I find it. Maybe someone else knows where to find it. But it is easy. All you need is 3mm LED's, a resistor and a soldering iron.

Give it a shot.

And now I have completed the lock switches. I wired them up and they look great. I went to NAPA and bought some terminals to hook in to the harness behind the lock switch. I had to use a test light to find the power at the window switch. Here are the results. I will gladly let anyone know where to tap in and get these results. What do you think?
[Image: 2193703_49_full.jpg]
[Image: 2193703_50_full.jpg]
I cannot be happier with the way this turned out. I just need to get used to all the new light in the car now. I will shaw you all on Monday if you come out. I will be at Tim's early (around 8) and leaving around 9 or 9:30 as I will have my daughter and I have to get her to bed. Also 24 is on and I can't miss that.

lol Kevin, love the look of the final look, I have to admit something my LED project didn't take route, and I can't seem to get anything I did to work right..... hmm I might have to hire you to do mine for me as I have all the LED's and such ( if you don't mind )
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Frost__2001,Apr 16 2006, 01:42 AM Wrote:lol Kevin, love the look of the final look, I have to admit something my LED project didn't take route, and I can't seem to get anything I did to work right..... hmm I might have to hire you to do mine for me as I have all the LED's and such ( if you don't mind )
[right][snapback]181339[/snapback][/right]
Sure Frost I can take a look tonight and we can talk about it if you show up at Timmies. I will be there from 8 to shortly after 9 or 9:30. We can discuss what you want done and I will see if I can do it for you. I will show anyone who wants to see my handy work tonight. I will be there with my daughter again this week. See you tonight

since when do the locks have leds in them? or did you add that?

-edit-

maybe I shoud look before posting :P

how did you change the LEDS in the door locks? I might end up doing all of these sooner or later...
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....
PerfectSaiyan,Apr 22 2006, 06:32 PM Wrote:how did you change the LEDS in the door locks?  I might end up doing all of these sooner or later...
[right][snapback]182885[/snapback][/right]

The inside of the door lock is exacctly the same as the window switch. I wasn't sure because there wasn't a how to about it. But luckily enough they could be the same switch. but note to self. When you have the switch apart mark the outside of the switch wherethe positive and negitive are. It will come in handy when you power the switch up to the wires you run.

I have ordered and received 50 blue SMD's from a distributor on eBay. They took a week to arrive from HONG KONG. These things are so tiny. They look like a spec of dirt. I guess it is time to start practicing my micro soldering. I will see if I can post photos of these little tiny LED's sometime soon.

gord u asked me to post a pic of what the lights looked like red so
i finally got off my azz and took some pics for u
[Image: focus001.jpg]
E.O MASIV