Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Cat Back Exhaust
here are some pics of my new exhaust. Before someone says something like why not get an MBRP/Magnaflow? I was going to but I got this done for less than half of those 2. I got a carsound (magnaflow) catalyst, magnaflow muffler and 2.25" stainless tubing.

[Image: IMG_6984.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6986.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6989.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6991.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6990.jpg]

and yes it is loud :( it was kinda a last minute thing, I am going to have a resonator put in when I install my rear bumper.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Looks pretty good, but why the 2nd cat? or do you have/or plan to have a race header? .......... cuz you haven't heard loud yet if your still stock :lol:

Only part i really don't like is that they were too lazy to weld on a new flange and exhaust hangers
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
SL8RZZX3,Apr 17 2006, 04:58 PM Wrote:Looks pretty good, but why the 2nd cat? or do you have/or plan to have a race header? .......... cuz you haven't heard loud yet if your still stock  :lol:

Only part i really don't like is that they were too lazy to weld on a new flange and exhaust hangers
[right][snapback]181619[/snapback][/right]

no I do have a race header. He just put the cat in after the flex. He did put in new hangers? just not on the flex cause there is no point. It's easier to cut and reuse the exsisting flange off the flex. :)

It's loud but not anoying once you get up past 4500rpm it sounds mean especially in a tunnel. I'll try to get a sound clip.
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Wiked!!!

I like. Althougth a nicer tip would be good.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Looks pretty much like my old MBRP without the resonator.

Mind I ask how much they charged to do that work?

are you going to run an aftermarket flex? if so then the piece jsut before the new cat is gonna me a major restriction on ur system.
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
magna flow systems are only 431 bucks...bolt right in, no welding. When you go for a new flex, you'll need to get rid of that flange and replace it anyways.
2002 Infra-red ZTS
hardk0re,Apr 17 2006, 05:43 PM Wrote:Looks pretty much like my old MBRP without the resonator.

[right][snapback]181632[/snapback][/right]

$180 taxes in
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
ZX5focused,Apr 17 2006, 05:49 PM Wrote:are you going to run an aftermarket flex? if so then the piece jsut before the new cat is gonna me a major restriction on ur system.
[right][snapback]181634[/snapback][/right]

nope no need for another flex. I am not going FI or doing any serious engine mods to warrent it. But if I find a cheap 2.25" flex in good shape I'll put it in.

Oscar: that's just the pipe no tip :) this was all done last second literally so I didn't pick out a tip. I want to wait until I get my rear bumper on with the lower exhaust cut out to look for a tip that will fit and look nice.
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
nass,Apr 17 2006, 04:03 PM Wrote:
hardk0re,Apr 17 2006, 05:43 PM Wrote:Looks pretty much like my old MBRP without the resonator.

$180 taxes in
[right][snapback]181664[/snapback][/right]

That cat alone is around $80 :huh: Lol...whereever you got it done they aint makin allot of money off you. Looks like you got a good deal...even if the front hanger wasn't replaced B)
hardk0re,Apr 17 2006, 08:26 PM Wrote:
nass,Apr 17 2006, 04:03 PM Wrote:

$180 taxes in
[right][snapback]181664[/snapback][/right]

That cat alone is around $80 :huh: Lol...whereever you got it done they aint makin allot of money off you. Looks like you got a good deal...even if the front hanger wasn't replaced B)
[right][snapback]181673[/snapback][/right]

My gf used to work at a Midas, I got everything at cost + 20% and labour was the employee rate ( 30 something an hour ). The Cat cost me around 50, muffler around 40 the rest was the pipe, labour and tax. I pretty much fixed all the gremlins on the car while she was working there and I am sure if I go back when the manager isn't around I could sneek in a deal :)
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Does the Focus (ZX3) have a second cat after the flexpipe? Do aftermarket cat-backs eliminate the second cat, if it exists, and would that cause a failed Ontario e-test?
euro_metal,Apr 18 2006, 02:22 PM Wrote:Does the Focus (ZX3) have a second cat after the flexpipe? Do aftermarket cat-backs eliminate the second cat, if it exists, and would that cause a failed Ontario e-test?
[right][snapback]181882[/snapback][/right]

No, no, and no.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone know a good custom exhaust shop? sonic_mikey 6 4,105 06-16-2011, 08:26 AM
Last Post: MuskokaZX3