Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Technology Forces You To Watch Commercials
paolo,Apr 21 2006, 05:18 PM Wrote:
nass,Apr 21 2006, 11:17 AM Wrote:I wonder if they would have to make it an option to shut this off. It's on by default but you can turn it off?

I don't think it'll happen if they force you to watch them. Just to clear something up, with this enabled does that mean you can't change the channel when a commercial is locked?
[right][snapback]182581[/snapback][/right]

exactly, you ever watch a DVD and notice that you cant fast forward or change chapters durring the FBI Warning screens or cant skip some of the previews? well thats the same thing theyre trying to do here but to regular NTSC broadcast TV. I highly doubt they will change the spec in Canada, maybe in the US of A they will. they cant force consumers to change equiptment they already own just to be able to prevent us from watching commercials, oh btw, the CRTC will be a thing of the past here in Canada. you wait and see. it will have little or NO affect on the future of our delivery of new media content. while the USA is trying to regulate the internet, ohh geesh.
[right][snapback]182627[/snapback][/right]

I usually remove those needless titles anyways but I know what you mean. I hate when you have to watch the previews....
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending

Messages In This Thread
Technology Forces You To Watch Commercials - nass - 04-22-2006, 03:23 AM