Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve's 1st Impressions Of The Mustang Gt Convert
SVT ZX3,Apr 21 2006, 06:39 PM Wrote:Is this the first Mustang you've driven dp? I thought your comment about how you feel like your lying down was funny, and later refered to "the high perch, and reach down into 1st" feel of the focus. First time I drove test drove a focus I could not get over how high the seat was, I prefer the feeling of sitting IN the car instead of sitting on some phone books on top of the seat like in a focus. To me the focus seating position is the one that feels alien and wrong, I much prefer the Stangs arrangement. I really like the new stang, but I wound't buy one just yet, and you've got so much done to your focus, it doesn't make sense to give it back to Ford. Wait 3-4 years when the value of the 05-06 stang drops to almost half then look at one if your still interested. Whats the MSRP on the one you took out? Probably about $40k give or take a couple grand, right? I dunno, as much as I like them @ that price point I think I'd be looking elsewhere.
[right][snapback]182712[/snapback][/right]

oh, I know...

My mom had a mustang, and I drove it a few times... ended up driving her to work every morning tho (I had an 84 nissan 4x4 with lift and pathfinder wheels)..

I don't mind the lay-down layout per se... but I do concede that I've gotten use to the focus' minivan-like perch. I've been in other cars with a lower layout, but the mustang made me VERY aware of it. Could be the higher sills of the car, it's that feeling of sitting in a tub, vs sitting low to the ground. Sit in a corvette, or porsche and you don't feel like you're sitting in a tub..but the mustang feels like a tub. Like I said, I could get used to it... it's just very different than anything I've ever driven that wasn't a boat.

the stang I was looking at was about $42,000 ..but I'd want a dealership to try to deal with me before I considered giving up my car for it... They seem awefully eager to take my car off my hands which is strange. The head sales dude even commented on how nice the gauges looked on my car vs the one they did up.

I see my car as quite flawed, but maybe I do have a keeper....
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Messages In This Thread
Steve's 1st Impressions Of The Mustang Gt Convert - darkpuppet - 04-22-2006, 12:21 PM