Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Some Advice, Thinking About
So for the last little while ive been looking around for a new job. Ive had a couple interviews so far and the first interview i had, was the first to call me back.

Right now i manage a "financial institution" called EZ-Cash advance. Its a sleazy loan shark company that makes money off of high intrest short term advances and cashing cheques. I deal with some alright people, but mainly the lower to extreme lower class people. Its a 9-5 monday-friday. Ok base pay plus bonus depending on how i reach my targets.

The problem is the customers i have. Some are great people, but most at dead beats. I have to do collection calls to people who have nothing. It drains me and makes me an angry person having to deal with deliquent accounts and rising NSF's that i cant collect.

I can see myself becoming a bitter person, and i think other people do also.

The good, its a relativly easy job, hours are good, ive been here for a while and i know what im doing. The pay is what i need to get by and do the things i like.

I got a call back from my first interview. i havent called them back yet. I just recently had a couple other for HSBC and citifinancial, but it will take a while for them to get back to me if they do.

The place that called me was a LA Weight Loss Center thats opening up in the city. Its for Sales and Councelling. Helping people lose weigth through their programs and products they offer. The hours are mixed up nights and days and splits, its the same base pay as my current job + commision on sales. Which varies.

I realize that ill get some depressing people here also, but its people that are wanting to help themselves and change their lives. Where as my current job its people looking to keep the lights on and pay for an addiction.

LA Weight loss, they have these "pump up" meetings, which im not a fan of. But its helping people. Ive gone through a 55 lbs weigth loss and i know what it can do to a person.

Current job
con
-depressing, draining emotionally
-clientelle isnt the best
-company managment is micky mouse
-no satisfaction
pro
-good hours
-good pay (with bonus, that i make everytime)

new offer
con
-"pump up" gayness
-sales job
-commission
-mixed up hours

pro
-job satisfaction, helping people
-more room for advancment
-no stress from dead beats and low life collections

I could make the same pay at the new job or maybe even more, but i can also make less.

This is only the first offer i got back for a job, ideally id like to get a job with another financial company cuz the money is better.

But then again, i might find some rich fat chick, get her slim and hot, and then marry her and drive a lambo. (i have a girl friend so there is some sarcasim in there)

Im not the type to take risks, so this is hard for me.
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...

Messages In This Thread
Need Some Advice, Thinking About - FociPhil - 04-27-2006, 05:56 AM
Need Some Advice, Thinking About - habmann - 04-27-2006, 06:17 AM
Need Some Advice, Thinking About - Casper - 04-27-2006, 07:18 AM
Need Some Advice, Thinking About - Casper - 04-28-2006, 07:23 AM
Need Some Advice, Thinking About - Phantom - 04-28-2006, 07:52 AM
Need Some Advice, Thinking About - Casper - 04-30-2006, 05:30 AM