Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could Use A Little Help Here! Plz
incognito27,May 12 2006, 10:52 PM Wrote:I have a 2000 Ford Focus ZX3  , With the Zetec

i recently had the timing belt done , and the timing put back on

as soon as the timeing was back on the car would  start perfectly , but as soon as it hit idle it had a fit and stalled.

couldn't really understand why , because it worked prior to the belt and timing being done , just not very good. as in no power ,  a little rough idle.

anyway  i had a whole wack of things check recheck and rechecked again ,  the iginiton coil pack , MAF , PCV valve , Vaccum hoses , Spark Wires ,  Grounds,  and spark plugs  and so on ,  we had the scanner on the car also .

Now which ever parts we replaced the care no idles really rough and seems to want to stall but doesn't. also the engine light will blink every so often , and what the scanner shows is a Misfire on Cylinder number 2. 

Anyway the problem is that idle is rough  and when i step on the gas  it kinda sputters a little then when the revs get up its fine.  if i really lay into it for some acceleration the engine light blinks ,  assuming its a misfire again cause it goes out.

Anyone got any ideas , i have spent over 800 bucks on this one job and really want to get it to run right.

Any input would help
[right][snapback]187244[/snapback][/right]
Read my rant .
pull your plug wires and check for water
Flying through the twisties
SUNDOWN

Messages In This Thread
Could Use A Little Help Here! Plz - Sundown - 05-13-2006, 01:54 PM
Could Use A Little Help Here! Plz - j3rt - 05-13-2006, 09:16 PM
Could Use A Little Help Here! Plz - schade - 05-14-2006, 12:04 AM