Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Would Like To Redo My Wiring....
ANTHONYD,May 15 2006, 10:42 AM Wrote:
scoobasteve,May 15 2006, 10:39 AM Wrote:under the front seats or the rear seats.

I've never worked on a focus sedan. But to get it under the front seats of my svt the whole interior needed to be removed to take out the carpet.

If its the first time youre doing it. removing the interior could take anywhere between 2-5 hours depending on how careful you are.

That being said, There are some some sweet spots for running wire under the carpet.
[right][snapback]187509[/snapback][/right]

The thing is.... My car fights EVERYTHING I try to do it. IT DOESN'T LIKE CHANGE!!!

I didn;t know how much trouble it really was.

Maybe things may be best left untouched. Knowing my luck, the interor won't come out right and I'll end up wrecking something.
[right][snapback]187511[/snapback][/right]

Its next to impossible to get all the pieces of the interior out without damaging a clip or bending something. its par for the course.

(Its even harder not breaking anything,shoving it back into place with 0ga wire and 3 layers of dynamat under it)

Taking apart the svt, we snapped 1 Seatbelt bolt - that alone took 2 hrs to drill out.

a bunch of misc. clips and stuff were damaged. but otherwise the car was back together and looking stock. some parts are harder than others. and other parts just fatigued and were harder to put back in.

All in all, if you plan to do it. take your time, and make sure everything lines up when youre putting it back together and dont try to force anything back into place.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold

Messages In This Thread
I Would Like To Redo My Wiring.... - scoobasteve - 05-16-2006, 12:53 AM
I Would Like To Redo My Wiring.... - Kipp - 05-17-2006, 02:18 AM