Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Still Don't Think This Was A Plane.
I have to agree with darkpuppet here.

Most security video is inferior in quality because there is usually only one tape connected multiple cameras. When they record, they capture a slice of time from camera 1, then camera 2, then camera 3, etc... Afterwards when you view the tape and select camera 2, you can see movement albeit choppy and looking like there are some frames missing.

We have a similar setup at work with one tape recording 16 cameras. When you view a single camera in real time on the monitor it appears fine and smooth. However, when reviewed from tape it appears choppy.

We had an incident where one of our side glass doors was smashed. When we viewed the tape it appeared that some drunk had approached the door and tugged on it. He could not get in and then kicked the door and broke the glass. It appeard from the tape that he had stumbled and then dissappeard from view. Then magically reappeard rolling out of a bush.

Because the tape only captures a slice of time from each of the cameras, it was not able to capture the staggering speed of the drunk falling into the bushes.

Imagine the trouble it would have trying to capture a jet airliner flying by at over 300km/h.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.

Messages In This Thread
I Still Don't Think This Was A Plane. - S2 - 05-18-2006, 04:53 AM
I Still Don't Think This Was A Plane. - S2 - 05-18-2006, 06:28 AM
I Still Don't Think This Was A Plane. - S2 - 05-18-2006, 07:51 AM
I Still Don't Think This Was A Plane. - dBlast - 05-18-2006, 08:19 PM