Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Natives Lift Blockade Of Caledonia Roadway
I'll be the Negative Neddy here... it's BS. They're threatening the livelihoods of many Canadians that aren't hurting anyone and are just working in their field of trade (i.e. carpenters, plumbers, etc.).

It's already proven that there is no such thing as a "native" to Canada. These folks came in from the Siberian land bridge 20-30,000 years ago. They were simply the first immigrants to the area. It's a world community now, and the rest of us in this country are paying our taxes as responsible citizens... why shouldn't they?

There are some things that should never have happened (religious boarding school abuse, etc), but that doesn't excuse their responsbility to live "in the now". Folks immigrate here all the time, and with the exception of a few things I don't neccessarily agree with (Sharia court being proposed, apparently Jewish tribunals can be substituted for Canadian law in certain cases, etc.) everyone does their part and becomes a part of a country in a lot less intrusive way than living in America.

The roadblocks are illegal. The roads are maintained by the Provincial government, the maintenance and the upkeep are paid for by taxpayers' dollars. The "natives" should have taken this to court years ago instead of acting like spoiled children now. As usual, strikes and blockades have way too many similarities for my liking. Also, as mentioned, the fact they're allowing precedent to be shown by allowing the roadblocks to be effective is a very bad thing. Pick them up, cart them off to jail. Removing the capacity of the police to protect Canadian citizens in Canada is a very, very bad thing indeed.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Messages In This Thread
Natives Lift Blockade Of Caledonia Roadway - NOS2Go4Me - 05-25-2006, 04:22 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Caledonia Tempers Flare, Natives And Woman On Lam? NOS2Go4Me 1 1,101 06-12-2006, 09:11 AM
Last Post: CanadaSVT