Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pm Announces Tougher Laws On Street Racing
It's hard to tell how tight or loose a definition this law might have, based on the comments of a politician - probably premature to worry about how it might be interpreted before seeing the actual wording.

I think the point that's being missed here is that what we're talking about is a federal criminal law - as opposed to a provincial motor vehicle statute.

I think the point isn't so much to lower the bar in terms of what constitutes street racing, but rather to provide a consistent standard throughout the country that all police forces can rely on; a standard that is in fact more well-defined than say, "dangerous operation of a motor vehicle."

It also means that if you're convicted of street racing it's a record that will stick to you a lot tighter wherever you may go in the country.

It seems to me that the feds are merely affirming what the vast majority of the population already believes ... that racing on public streets is criminal behaviour that requires a different set of penalties over and above the every day traffic violation.

If you're a driver that doesn't street race I don't see how you are in any way disadvantaged by this law ... and if you are, first of all STOP IT ... and secondly if you're caught and convicted maybe a stiff fine and/or a stint in jail and a criminal record will help you see the light of day.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *

Messages In This Thread
Pm Announces Tougher Laws On Street Racing - ZTWsquared - 05-27-2006, 07:36 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This Is Why Street Racing Should Be Illegal Frost__2001 34 6,977 06-01-2006, 12:46 PM
Last Post: naz