Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuner Friendly Insurance Companies
The declination on increase of performance is BS. You can increase your personal performance by going from a Yugo to a Viper. Are they going to start declaring any car above xxx HP as unsafe to drive in any conditions?

So, if your old exhaust rots out and you replace it with a stainless steel exhaust that has the added benefit of being larger and "possibly" improves performance... you stand the risk of being sued in an accident and therefore they're denying you coverage? I bet the aftermarket exhaust manufacturer, as well as other aftermarket parts manufacturers, would have something to say about that.

I distinctly recall K+N fighting tooth and nail to remind everyone that adding a K+N intake filter DOES NOT void your powertrain warranty when used as a drop-in replacement for the OEM filter. By the insurance company's lights, that same filter would render you liable on the grounds of (marginally) increased performance.

Adding aftermarket parts does not guarantee an increase in performance... nor does it guarantee a decrease in the safety of the vehicle vs. a stock example. It merely renders the capacity for increased performance should the full potential of the vehcile be exercised on public roads... and a stock vehicle driven to its limits in public can be, and often is, just as dangerous.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Messages In This Thread
Tuner Friendly Insurance Companies - nass - 06-07-2006, 07:28 AM
Tuner Friendly Insurance Companies - NOS2Go4Me - 06-10-2006, 01:38 AM