Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ontario To Spend $3.4b On Roads, Bridges, Highways
I grew up in the west end - Weston/401, Weston/Eglinton, Scarlett/Eglinton. I know all about the layout of the GTA... I was also a tow truck dispatcher for 4 years. I still can't get lost anywhere between Meadowvale / Steeles / 427 / the 'Shore, even after being up north for 7 years.

The sad part is... the elitist crap of new "luxury" subdivisions in areas never meant to handle the loads make the residents cry out for new/upgraded roads. The existing highways that were never meant to have the extra traffic subsequently have to be upgraded then as well. The spread carries further out (Barrie is a "bedroom community" now... that's pure bunk) and the lemmings expect to get to their jobs almost as quick as they can from Milton/Mississauga/Oshawa/Whitby.

There has to be a line drawn. s*** can't keep expanding forever.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Messages In This Thread
Ontario To Spend $3.4b On Roads, Bridges, Highways - NOS2Go4Me - 06-23-2006, 07:28 AM