Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focus At Ctc
bluetoy,Jul 11 2006, 08:30 PM Wrote:Anyone who is a mechanic at CTC, No offence intended.

Father in Law brought his Focus in for E-test, Oil Change and free air cond inspection. The "mechanic " told him that he doesn't bother fixing his own air because it is too costly so he did not do the inspection. (condenser is bent from curb or something, Inspected by me). Oil change they seem to handle with out incident. E-test...Well... When the car was in the air they noticed the front struts were leaking a little and there was one cracked spring. Needless to say they told him that they could not perform an E-test until the struts and spring were repaired. :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

No wonder CTC Mechanics are widely ridiculed by all!!!!!!!
[right][snapback]197168[/snapback][/right]

Because they have to mount the car on a dyno (think big @$$ed treadmill) to perform the e-test any leaking fluids or worn suspension parts and the shop can refuse to put the car on the dyno. Those dynos are not cheap (Last I heard $250K) and so if something breaks on it and its down for repairs it becomes a big @$$ed paperweight)

For that I cannot fault Crappy Tire (The BS with the A/C test, yeah that's pardon the expression, crappy :lol:)

NefCanuck

Messages In This Thread
Focus At Ctc - bluetoy - 07-12-2006, 11:30 AM
Focus At Ctc - paolo - 07-13-2006, 12:53 AM
Focus At Ctc - Focused - 07-13-2006, 12:57 AM
Focus At Ctc - NefCanuck - 07-13-2006, 01:13 AM
Focus At Ctc - Focus man. Focus. - 07-13-2006, 01:27 AM