Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cibc / Pc Financial - Customers Be Warned Again!
Apparently PC Financial had been notified by the police that some of their debit cards had been compromised. Unfortunately, my BF's card was one of those. They had cancelled the card, but hadn't done so in time as his card was used to withdraw the balance of his account (to the closest $20). We only found when we tried to watch a movie today...

Their response?
Quote:We'll launch an investigation, but it'll take up to two business days for CIBC's monitoring/fraud group to contact you. Even then, they may approve an overdraft... not sure when/if you'll get your money back. If they approve the overdraft, you have to call back into the PC Financial call centre to get the overdraft completed.

I guess this is a reason to avoid resellers of banking services.

Personal note to all if you have an account with either bank check your statements and make sure you know where your money is.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.

Messages In This Thread
Cibc / Pc Financial - Customers Be Warned Again! - Frost__2001 - 07-23-2006, 02:30 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sympatico's Customers Warned Of Privacy Loss Frost__2001 2 1,180 06-28-2006, 11:55 PM
Last Post: NefCanuck