Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test Driven: Mustangs And Pontiacs
I wouldn't test drive any Honda Fits or Toyota Yaris, etc...just plain super weenie mobiles to me. I think they are both goofy looking, and don't offer ANY more room than my ZX3...

The Mustang GT that I drove was an 07...had less than 50km's on the clock when I first started to drive it. I personally like the shifter, it's stiff yes, but it also felt strong, and would likely smooth out after some breaking in, or getting used to it. I liked the clutch a LOT. Felt like the clutch in my ZX3...light, and easy to moderate. The HP and TQ is awesome, and when people say that the V8's are all gas guzzlers and that the gas is too pricey...with the big engine, you only have to loaf it along to get to and maintain the same speed as a small car would, except you have to drive the bags off the small motor to accomplish the same. Also, at 110km/hr in 5th in the GT, it's running less than 2200rpm...so no gas guzzling there. I'm not saying all this stuff coz I plan to buy one, just that the car is a QUANTUM LEAP over the fox body and other previous stangs.

The GXP had such awesome driving dynamics, that you forget all about the FWD aspect.

The North American cars are getting pretty damned good these days...

L8tz
Bleeding Ford Blue again...

Messages In This Thread
Test Driven: Mustangs And Pontiacs - Drivesthebeast - 07-27-2006, 10:15 AM
Test Driven: Mustangs And Pontiacs - naz - 07-27-2006, 01:22 PM
Test Driven: Mustangs And Pontiacs - naz - 07-31-2006, 09:43 AM
Test Driven: Mustangs And Pontiacs - naz - 08-01-2006, 01:43 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Test Driven....fusions Drivesthebeast 5 2,243 01-05-2006, 04:11 AM
Last Post: FocusGuy7476