Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sport Compacts: A Revolution – Or Not?
darkpuppet,Aug 11 2006, 09:27 AM Wrote:"You don't need more car – you need more driver. Take your next thousand bucks and spend it on a good racing school."

great quote!

I agree with the article.  As for SVT and SiR dying on the vine... well, I don't recall either selling enough to make a positive impact on their respective manufacturers.

However, there are companies that have done it better more recently... doesn't make that statement untrue.
[right][snapback]201994[/snapback][/right]

The problem when it comes to "factory" sport compacts is one of volume. The manufacturers have to make enough coin producing these speciality cars that they don't actually lose $ on the sale of them.

While many say that Ford overpriced the Focus SVT for example, are people saying that Ford has to produce the things at a loss to a smaller market just because people want them? If I'm the car makerI either try to skimp on the car, or not bother. Hence the result was the "under powered" Focus SVT that was killed when it didn't sell enough to justify the extra expense.

I doubt DC produced the Neon SRT's at a loss and the same with the Cobalt SS now. If manufacturers lose money playing the game, they get out of the game, no shame in that.

NefCanuck

Messages In This Thread
Sport Compacts: A Revolution – Or Not? - NefCanuck - 08-12-2006, 12:47 AM