Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sport Compacts: A Revolution – Or Not?
darkpuppet,Aug 11 2006, 11:09 AM Wrote:
SVT ZX3,Aug 11 2006, 11:30 AM Wrote:The statement he made about those 2 particular cars was true yes, but using those 2 cars to illustrate how the entire industry has failed at making factory hot rods appealing to the sport compact crowd just seems way off to me.
[right][snapback]202000[/snapback][/right]

but is that what he's saying? that the entire industry has failed at making factory hot rods? not really in my opinion. He is providing an explanation for the existence of the majority of the current modding community, since the article is about responsible modding, not the failure of the auto industry to appeal to the modding crowd.
[right][snapback]202036[/snapback][/right]

Quote JK
"One of the amazing things about this whole principle is how personal it really is. Car makers have tried over the years to tap into this culture, offering factory-built hotrods like, the Ford Focus SVT and Honda Civic SiR.

They've died on the vine."

To me, although he uses these 2 cars as particular examples, he is not just referring to Ford and Honda but to Car makers as a whole and saying that they have failed to make factory hot rods appealing to the modding community (not failing at making them all together) and thats why there are so many "tuners" out there now. I just plain disagree with this, but maybe I am just interpreting the words differently?

Messages In This Thread
Sport Compacts: A Revolution – Or Not? - SVT ZX3 - 08-12-2006, 03:49 AM