Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Police Hope Deadly Crash Video Acts As Deterrent
I agree with the above, just a point for your point number 2, I don't know how it is in Ontario, or for that matter the rest of the country but you don't need to have a motorcycle license or even a learners to buy a bike from a dealer or to register and insure it here in BC. I was shocked when I found that out a few years back when my dad decided to buy a bike and someone from the dealer rode it home for him fully registered and insured. My dad hadn't even looked into getting his learners yet, just decided to trade his little scooter in for a 650, he never did get the hang of it and ended up wiping out and getting hurt badly. I still think the dealer should have made some kind of provisions for that purchase to make sure he was going to learn how to ride. I never took any kind of a rider training course but I think it should be madatory to have some type of training on a bike before hitting an open road. I taught my dad the basics in a parking lot, I rode the bike and he drove, for 2 weeks before he decided to hit the road. I didn't know he was going or else I would have discouraged it but it's pretty hard to tell your 60 yr old pops that you don't think he's ready. He rode for a week before his accident when he locked up front wheel because he didn't notice the gravel in the roadway and was coming into the corner way too hot, he'd seen me take it on my rocket before doing like 60k the summer previous, he hit it doing 60 in the early spring, hammered the front brake and down he went. Road conditions, inexperience, speed, were all factors, was he a young stupid kid on a crotch rocket doing mach 10 with his hair on fire, no he was a 60 yr old gray haired man trying to enjoy himself and made a serious error in judgement. Now he doesn't even want to look at bikes, doesn't want me to ever get one again either.
No name, Cheap and Slutty.

MMM Daddy Like

Messages In This Thread
Police Hope Deadly Crash Video Acts As Deterrent - focusracer - 08-29-2006, 01:22 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Police Brutality Backfires(video) coolsvt 9 2,982 07-19-2007, 03:27 AM
Last Post: focusracer
  Friday Video: Darth Vader Vs Japanese Police darkpuppet 6 2,334 04-09-2006, 02:26 AM
Last Post: Frost__2001
  Tunnel-crash Video Scorpion 7 2,693 04-05-2006, 04:59 AM
Last Post: ZX3_2NV