Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sick Of Hearing Member That Diss Focus
Wow, I read every single post. I'm tired. I thought this thread was going to be a beat-on-Naz thing. I'll try to post something that is relatively on topic.

Every time I come on, I see another "Don't buy a Focus" or "The Focus is s**t" post from someone or other. I am very much inclined to agree that on a board meant to be made up of Focus enthusiasts, we are very negative towards the car we drive. The reasons why could be discussed for days, ranging from recalls to rust, but the simple fact of the matter is the site is entitled "Focus Canada". Standing beside Marc, I say that as such we should not be discouraging potential members or owners from making the move into a Focus. If they have the smarts to buy a car, let them also have the smarts to research it and determine if it's the right car for them. If they can't determine it on their own, then let them live and learn like the rest of us had to. There are plenty of forums out there that have a tonne of information on the many pros and cons of our cars, and a little quiet searching for it will render quite a large volume of opinions and reviews.

My position: While on Focus Canada, I support the car, as I think all people on the board be they new, current, or previous owners should. I think it's a good little vehicle for what you get. It's not extraordinary, it's not a POS. There are plenty of available mods for those who want to have a ride that's a little or a lot tricked out in the looks and performance departments. It's not a car for those that want to spend small bucks on aftermarket parts. There is a great enthusiast network throughout the world, and fantastic parts availability from Europe and North America. That said parts network may not compare to that of a civic, but it is still quite broad.

Marc is right.

Would I buy another one? No. Why? We've gone thru the reasons already (no resale, rather drive a Subbie, etc). Would I discourage another person off the boards from buying one? Quite possibly unless they were purchasing a warrantied car and could have everything repaired ahead of time.

Off Topic

This board is a soap opera. Quite a few of the regular posters are friends, enemies, and everything in between. Everyone knows if they say anything about handling, Naz is gonna yap about needing more track time, r-comps, blah blah blah. If something comes up about Turbos/SC's, someone will mention Jay's car burning to the ground, puppet's experiment with the vortech, everybody and their aunt complaining about the JRSC being underpowered, and Naz saying "buy a Nissan from the south and drop an SR20DET in it!" (as if everyone wants to bother). People know if the word rice comes up, the car will be compared to Ass' car and he'll go into "fuk u" mode. Everyone knows Paparoach and Microbunny will eventually hook up and the bunny will help Papa forget Dan's Mom. Why after so long do you guys still argue? I think you enjoy it. :P **steals popcorn from Jay and Naz**
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)

Messages In This Thread
Sick Of Hearing Member That Diss Focus - Raine - 05-27-2004, 12:51 PM