Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caledonia Protesters Looking For Donations..
That's what happens when you negotiate with a gun to your head. At least 2 levels of government have f***ked up royally in this situation. The day after the natives set up the blockades they should have been removed and prevented from returning.

But it seems pretty clear that this "protest" has nothing to do with forcing the government to the negotiation table.

IMO the negotiations are a sham and only serve to further the First Nations cause because it is apparent (to me anyway) that whatever happens they will disregard any negotiated / legislated / judicial outcome that doesn't end up with them getting the land.

This is no protest folks ... this is (was) an invasion, and frankly right now I'd say the First Nations won the battle and are digging in for the long haul - and the longer they stay there the harder it will be to get them out.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *

Messages In This Thread
Caledonia Protesters Looking For Donations.. - ZTWsquared - 08-31-2006, 04:12 AM