Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caledonia Protesters Looking For Donations..
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 30 2006, 05:31 PM Wrote:Him and I talked a little while ago about the caledonia thing, he supports the protesters, but not their methods. 
[right][snapback]204821[/snapback][/right]

This is interesting ... would your friend accept the ruling of the courts if it went agains the natives?

Isn't that the fundamental problem that transcends Caledonia?

How do you deal with a group of people who don't even accept the authority of the Canadian judicial system and are prepared to break "our" laws to get what they want? And yet they are totally prepared to take the Canadian taxpayers' money when it suits them.

This kind of one-sided entitlement ... the idea of a "nation within a nation" needs a resolution first, if we are to truly solve Caledonia and prevent other similar incidents in the future.

I say break off the negotiations now ... keep the land in provincial control but get the law-breaking protestors off the land ... nobody can win at this point.

Everybody take a step back and ask themselves what the relationship between aboriginals and the rest of us is going to be .... and then make that the subject of negotiation.

I think it's time to ask my MP and MPP what their positions are. It'll be interesting to see if I get a straight answer ... or the kind of answer I'd write for them if they were my client.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *

Messages In This Thread
Caledonia Protesters Looking For Donations.. - ZTWsquared - 08-31-2006, 08:00 AM