Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caledonia Protesters Looking For Donations..
ZTWsquared,Aug 30 2006, 06:00 PM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 30 2006, 05:31 PM Wrote:Him and I talked a little while ago about the caledonia thing, he supports the protesters, but not their methods. 
[right][snapback]204821[/snapback][/right]

This is interesting ... would your friend accept the ruling of the courts if it went agains the natives?

Isn't that the fundamental problem that transcends Caledonia?

How do you deal with a group of people who don't even accept the authority of the Canadian judicial system and are prepared to break "our" laws to get what they want? And yet they are totally prepared to take the Canadian taxpayers' money when it suits them.

This kind of one-sided entitlement ... the idea of a "nation within a nation" needs a resolution first, if we are to truly solve Caledonia and prevent other similar incidents in the future.

I say break off the negotiations now ... keep the land in provincial control but get the law-breaking protestors off the land ... nobody can win at this point.

Everybody take a step back and ask themselves what the relationship between aboriginals and the rest of us is going to be .... and then make that the subject of negotiation.

I think it's time to ask my MP and MPP what their positions are. It'll be interesting to see if I get a straight answer ... or the kind of answer I'd write for them if they were my client.
[right][snapback]204828[/snapback][/right]

He's for the negotiations, but not the occupation. All the occupation does is piss everyone off. What the court should do is halt the building and have protesters pulled off the land. That way at least the current residents can live in peace until things are settled.

As for if he would accept the ruling, I don't know.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
Caledonia Protesters Looking For Donations.. - Oscar The Grouch - 08-31-2006, 08:08 AM